15/100 - sunset

so i lost the original list of prompts so ill just make up my own words till i find it again lmfaooo

also wow i have finals but im staying up writing about gaara bc im emo a fuck rn LOL

*hands out gaara pillows*

015

"Gaara, look. The sun is going down."

Your eyes shined exquisitely at the scenery in front of you, gleaming with hues of fire that radiated from the sun dipping into the horizon. It was an image that struck you with awe, the beauty of nature stunning you still as you sat with your legs crossed. And Gaara, he couldn't relate much. All he could do was look at your side profile, the expression on your face had his heart beating profoundly faster. He noticed that. 

Gaara exhaled sharply after slowly averting his eyes to the sunset, "It will be chillier at night, [Name]. It will be best for you to head home."

"No," you say to him. The truth was that you didn't want to leave his side, but of course that was something left unsaid.

"Aren't you afraid of the dark?" He mentions blankly, as if stating facts.

With this, you finally turn to look at him. And God, weren't you even more fascinated with the way he looked. It was then at this moment when you realized how much more beautiful it was to look at Gaara, rather than the sinking sun. His cool eyes that contrasted with the orange glow from the fading light, somehow it fused together to create such a unique gleam. There were no arguments to be made, Gaara's eyes were stunning in the sun's glow, like they were made to reflect its light. 

You blinked at him and sighed, "You're right. I don't want to walk home in the dark... alone." 

Gaara looked back at you once more so that you were both facing each other. His breath could be felt against your face, something that surprisingly comforted you a little bit, and something that also made your heart jump a billion times. 

"It's alright," he says, "Stay and watch with me till the moon comes up."

"But the dar-"

"Don't be scared. I'll be here with you."