Chapter Six: Wisteria...

The dark... The only thing the young girl could see. The feeling of tiny pieces of glass stabbing her spine ever so slowly, made her icy cold body shiver. Fear ran through her veins, not because of the darkness, but because of the whispers. Deep, sinful, and cold whispers that made this young girl small and scared.

She pulled her knees to her chest and head in her hands to block out the harsh words from the unknown man- creature lurking in the dark. "Go away," the young girl cried out.

"Go away?... Go away... Go away." The whispers mocked the young girl until it's voice was not snarling nor sound like its spitting out acid. The voice turned high pitched as if another girl was in the darkness as well. "Why are you crying?" The creature asked as if it was actually concerned for the scared little girl.

"I-I want my Pápa..."

"Pápa? Why do you need Pápa? I'm here, I can keep you company and protect you. I am thy only thing you need, Sandra." The deep, cold and snarling whispers came back instantly.

"Go away! I want my papa!" Little Sandra kept repeating herself until she heard another voice.

"Sandra..Sandra... Sandra!"

Sandra eyes popped open as her body jerked back from the warm hand touching her skin. Evelyn looked down at the young woman with worry and concern in her green eyes. "I have been calling your name for the longest, are you well?" The older woman asked while gently gliding the drench curly hair out of Sandra's face.

Sandra rested in her elbow to recollect herself by looking around to room to see light instead of darkness. "Y-yes Evelyn, I am well. Just had a wicked dream, that's all."

Yes a wicked dream, indeed... The very first nightmare she had ever since she rested her head in this very house. The bad dream was quite obvious; a little girl needing her father. Sandra knew she needed Jabari to protect and hold her like he did when Sandra was a little girl. However, she still frown upon the bad dream. During the two weeks in this warm home and on this land, Sandra has been so busy meeting new people, discovering/learning new things and just being happy; she pushed her father to the side to mainly enjoy herself.

"If you do not feel well Sandra, say so. I can tell Doc you will not be assisting him today." Evelyn advices as she studied the young woman's features; her uneasy breathing, wandering eyes, drenched hair and forehead, and parted lips.

"I feel well, Evelyn. I need to occupy my mind, I will be down in a few, just let me recollect myself." Sandra removed the thin covers from her body to show her white gown dress.

With hesitation, Evelyn stood to her feet, smothered out her dress and walked out the room while closing the door behind her.

The dirt in Sandra's hands was enough to keep her mind at ease. Apparently, Evelyn told Doc about the mishap this morning and decided to give Sandra a break from their lesson. Sandra did not get mad at Evelyn's reasons of telling Doc or anyone else about what she saw, instead, she was quite glad. Sandra needed a day with nature and the only way she can get close to nature is by assisting Evelyn in the small garden.

Picking tomatoes, potatoes, and spinach, and setting them in the basket set beside her; Sandra felt at ease and soon forgotten about the bad dream.