Chapter Twenty-Eight: Poseidon&Amphitrite

Fiery red hair covered the silk pillow as she exposed his pale skin, curves and every other aspect to the world without hesitation or shyness. Her lips curled into a devious smile when she looked down towards her friend, who eyes were staring elsewhere but her. "Oh Sandra, you look as if you do not behold the same feminine parts." Kira stretched out her limbs as she giggled.

Sandra was yes wandered around the lively room with a sun roof, flowers sprouting from the floor and paintings- colorful to full, ancient to new. "I-" words did not come up, her cheeks became warm from Kira's stare. "Please Kira, cover yourself."

Kira sighed in satisfaction as the sun rays coated her skin, warming her flesh like her husband's rough wandering hands. "Oh Sandra, I do sometimes forget you are the only child." Kira sighed once more before wrapping her pale body in silk sheets. "I'm covered."

Sandra lets go of her breath before turning to her friend, "Thank you, great gratitude."

"Why do you stare away in shame?" Kira stood to her feet, fully wrapping the silk blanket around her pale body.

Sandra swallowed the lump in her throats as her fingers tightened around her skirt, "My father taught me to not look upon others who is not your partner."

"Hmm," Kira hummed while waking towards Sandra as if she was her prey. "For all the months we knew each other, you never care to shine light on your past. Why is that?"

"Why ask now? Or ever?" Sandra questioned while looking towards her friend with slanted eyes.

Kira looked past the look Sandra was setting upon her at that moment, "I'm carious to know. I've blabbed about myself for a really long time, now I am interested to here you blab. Now, please- share some stories. Enlighten me on your past."

The beautiful woman's face softens as she releases a breath of air that was trapped in her lungs, "My past is boring. Nothing special of me occurred- I was just a village girl with a lack of a mother growing up."

Kira walked towards a small table that held two glasses of wine and the bottle full of such poison. "Then speak of your present. How is Anton? Your new home?" She took a sip of her wine.

"Both are fine. New to me, and I learn new things every single day." Sandra stated while slowly walking towards a certain painting that was ancient but not dull- interesting and exciting.

"New things, huh? Please do share, I am eager to know."

Sandra looked over her shoulder, to see her friend coming close with a devious smile upon her face. "You seek gossip?"

"I seek conversation with a friend. After giving birth, we never had the time to sit and talk."

"Sorry for such absence and neglect, I've been occupied with family issues." Sandra stated, looking back towards the interesting painting.

Kira took noticed, her smirk became wider causing her pearly whites to show. "The painting is of Poseidon and his wife Amphitrite. Legends had it that Amphitrite ran away from home when she heard Poseidon was going to take her hand in marriage. I always questioned why she would run from such a powerful man, he held glory and honor among all the other gods. He was one of the most powerful."

Sandra sighed once more before saying, "Maybe Amphitrite wanted a simple man without such glory and honor on his shoulders. She did not want to seek out a king nor a god of some sort with his head already bigger than a planet. She wanted a man who head is not as large, who do not receive much glory that would make him conceited. She did not want to seek much power from a man. Power clouds judgment and heart. Amphitrite may wanted a man who gives love and respect, instead of sharing her husband with others."