Chapter Twenty-Seven: Land of the Enslaved...

The land of the free... Many would say... However others would see this land being contaminated, corrupted, filled with violence and blood. A land where few are accepted and the rest are treated like animals- slaves, toys, and tools.

This land was not free- not to all at least. This land was a place for evil who no longer see the good; even if it was good, it would be swallowed by the darkness.  The land of the enslaved, the cruel and corrupted, the bad and the darkness. The land called America.

The docks were filled with tradesmen and goods from all over the world, humans that were chained up like dogs, and pirates that was cast away from the colonial officers. The sky was blue and clear, the air was warm while the waves was calm- it would be considered as a good day; but it was not good, not for pirate and his crew of mischiefs.

An older man walked along his deck, looking over the crew who were busying themselves with cleaning. He stride with confidence and pride with his back straighten like a ruler, chin lifted and nose in the air. You would think he was elegant man instead of a greedy and bloodthirsty pirate.

The man sighed in content when he stepped to the east railing where he saw the land of evil and blood. It was like a play ground in his eyes, since there was not much rules nor regulations. Even though he was a pirate that would be arrested at site, the man still held a smile on his face when he saw the land an its opportunities.

"Captain," a young boy- around sixteen- with dirty blonde hair stepped to his captain's side, with fear in his veins and his eyes looking down to his feet. "The crew has prepared the cargo, what shall we do next?"

The captain grinned from ear to ear before saying, "Tell the men to take the cargo to the buyer, and meet back on the ship in two hours."

The young boy nods his head, "Of course Captain."

"Josiah?"

"Yes, captain?"

"Fetch my nephew and take him into town, show him around."

Josiah nods his head before dismissing himself to go down to the bunkers to tell the crew their captain's orders. As he done so, Josiah approached another young boy his age, whose hair was dark brown, skin tan as if he spent most of his days in the sun. "Anton," he spoke his name, catching the young man eyes that was full of wonder and sorrow.

"Yes, Josiah?" Unlike Josiah, Anton's voice was rough and low.

"Come on," Josiah tugged on his fellow friends arm. "Captain gave us permission to explore the land." Josiah smiled at the opportunity, even though it was his second time being in America; he was still excited to see some more of this corrupt led land.

Being that it was Anton's first time, he was not as excited; more like frightened since he heard stories of the new land's cruelty. "I will pass,"

Josiah eyes went slant at his friend's refusal, "Aw Anton, do not be a pansy."

Anton scoffed, but did not say a word about his friends comment. He looked down upon his clenching hands that holds much trauma and horrible memories. "Leave me be, Josiah. I do not want to be bothered."