Chapter Niniteen: Once a girl... Now a Woman

Chapter Nineteen: Once a girl... Now a Woman...

The smooth, warm, bronze chest slowly moved up and down under Sandra's cheek. The long arms was wrapped around her body like a blanket as the large frame of his body was like a shield protecting her from the outside world. Even though she was awake, Sandra stayed in his arms and captured the moment to remember forever.

This memory of the couple in each other's arms, bare like the day they first came to this earth made Sandra smile with glee; it would make anyone smile- if they had a heart. It was just over five hours ago when Sandra and her love bond in marriage.

The dawn sky was beautiful, but with the fall leaves turning orange and yellow made the day even more beautiful. Sandra was in her former room, looking in the mirror while taking deep breaths. Her grandmother's dress hugged her curvy body and flowed down to the floor  with no effort.

Kiran and Evelyn stood behind the beautiful woman, smiling with glee as if they were the ones getting married. "Tis time," Evelyn pronounced while stepping to Sandra's side like a proud parent. "Sandra, I am happy for you."

Sandra lips turned into a slight smile, "Evelyn-"

"Please, there's no need." Evelyn reached into her dress pocket before pulling out a sliver amulet necklace that looked like a Vikings axe. "My late husband made this, he calls it: Odin's Raven. It's to protect a warrior from harm and death before his time, give this to Anton as a ceremonial gift."

Sandra gave a questionable look, as she remembers the southern traditions and different from the north. Usually in the north, the bride and groom do not share anything during the wedding but a ring. Just an hour ago, Sandra was told the groom does not receive a ring; only a necklace or any other jewel of some sort that's meaningful. The groom would give the bride a gift as well, if he wanted to.

"Thank you, Evelyn." Sandra quickly turned to look towards Kiran, "I thank you both." The young woman took the silver amulet from Evelyn's hands ever so gently, as if it would crumble in her hands if she doesn't handle it with such care.

Kiran stepped towards Sandra with a faint smile, "Are you nervous?" She asked in curiosity, seeing that Sandra showed no sign of cold feet nor a tremor.

Sandra shook her head no, "Why would I be? I love Anton with all my heart and I want to be bond to him."

Kiran did not frown nor smile, there was no need to react since her eyes showed it all; she was happy, worried and proud of her friend. "As long as you are happy, I'm happy."

The faint knock on the closed bedroom door made the three beautiful women end their conversation once they spot Doc picking his head in- cautiously... "Sandra, it's time..."

Sandra found herself touching the silver amulet Evelyn gave to her and later after she gave it to Anton. The amulet was perfect for him and he immediately fell in love with it once he laid eyes on the necklace. Anton of course gave Sandra a ceremonial gift as well- two ceremonial gifts to be precise. An irreplaceable ring that's made out of silver and shaped like a wolf with ruby eyes and a house that they'll live in forever.

Although the house needs a little fixing and some cleaning, Sandra instantly fell in love with it. The location was suitable to raise a family anchor not too far away from the village market. To Sandra it was secure, but to Anton after he brought the land and put some thought to it; the location was dangerous, especially when he has to leave Sandra alone for his voyage.

The house is in the forest close to the river where only deer would go to satisfy their thirst. Not much villagers come around because, well there's no reason too and if is individuals roaming around their travelers or scavengers. The thought makes Anton cringe.