Chapter Twenty-Six: Mother's Tongue..

Lost... Lost in a trance of pride and vengeance, he could not tear his eyes away from the dingy handkerchief with writings he could not understand. The ink was bold and black, indicating the writing was fresh and rushed as well. Whoever wrote this was in a panic and had to leave a message immediately before their leave or death.

Danny has not provided deep investigation into this handkerchief, he only knew the base of the origin; an older man wrote this note, gave it to a fellow officer who died by Danny's hands, and then banished from the face of earth or just left the island.

When Danny killed the young and defenseless officer, he found out the young man partook in treason; even the killing was not ordered from a higher rank, Danny was rewarded for taking down the enemy. In addition to a metal and simple party, Danny rewarded himself with this handkerchief that could mean anything; last words, coordinates of an enemy ship, or a golden ticket to a vast variety of goods that can soon turn into treasure. Either way, Danny needed to know; but he trusted no one to take the task in translating.

Which guided Danny to his cousin of the same age. He despised Anton for many reasons, one of them being his father treated Anton better. Anton, as well, shared the same feeling for Danny for many reasons as well. Although they hated each other, Danny had no other choice but to go to Anton for aid. However he was not successful in convincing him, even though Anton's lovely wife seem to not mind his presence.

Danny lips suddenly turned into a devious smirk once he spotted a woman who was as flexible as a string, but not as beautiful. The woman spotted Danny's stare and smirk before making her way toward his table; causing Danny to grip his cup of ale in his left hand, as he hurried to put away the dingy handkerchief.

"How do you do?" The woman's English was hard to understand, since her accent was thick and strong; indicating she's from Asia- the mountains of Asia. She was small, tiny like a twelve year old child with long jet black hair and a gorgeous smile. However, Danny was not impressed with her looks nor smile. It was her flexibility and accent that was catching him, making his grip the thick cup so he can restrain himself from taking her then and there. He was a gentleman in uniform after all, he could not disrespect his rank and queen.

"How do you do?" He greeted before taking a sip of the awful ale everyone seems to come back for. It was Danny's second time drinking in these establishments upon the poor, considering he speaks to the higher society and drink wine.

Danny is only upon them because he need recruitments; men who would do anything for a couple of shillings, but also men who could be trusted enough to not spread stories of adventure and treasure and men who are loyal. Unfortunately, Danny has not yet seen men of such category.

The woman twisted her hips, keeping up with the rhythm of the fast beat while stepping closer the Danny; causing him to take a whiff of her scent of flowers and sex. "You look so lonely," The woman stated before placing her small finger on Danny's jacket lapel; a sign of flirting.

Danny still was not amused with her looks, only accent and flexibility. "Aye, I am. Please, keep me company." He gestured towards the empty chair on the other side of the small table.

Of course the woman took the offer by pulling the chair closer to him. She crossed her legs, making sure to brush her exposed calves against his during the process. "I been watching you," her soft fingers touched his hand gently like a feather. "You been watching me."

Danny chuckled, it was no where near warm and settle; it was cold and devious. However the woman did not notice, she was too busy trying to convince this man to sleep with; to pay her. "Tell me, do you have many tongues?"