Chapter Sixteen: Not the only one...

Sandra could not believe her ears when the woman in front of her confessed that she is her long lost mother. She would of never suspected it was her the whole time, considering that Jabari never gave a specific description of her features; just that Ifeoma looks different from the rest of the woman in the village and that Sandra had a few similar features- but never gotten in to deep depths in explanation.

The young woman could not give full eye contact with her mother- afraid that her emotions would show; one of them being relief. Relief that after all these years, she saw her mother- alive and apparently well; now Sandra can find out why she suddenly took off. However, the anger Sandra also felt did not allow the young woman to reunite with her mother so...peacefully.

Instead, Sandra tucked her head into Anton's chest to hide herself from the world- from everyone including the vicious woman who claims to be the woman that birth her.

Noticing the uncomfortable signs, Ifeoma stepped towards the young woman, not caring that Anton's gun was basically aiming at the middle of her forehead. "Sandra, let me explain,"

"I do not need you to explain," Sandra said loud enough for Ifeoma and any one close by to hear her. "I do not want to know about your intentions of leaving your family,"

"At least tell these men, to put down there weapons. I'm sure you do not want to cause a war."

Making a valid point, Sandra took a deep breath before tugging onto Anton's thin shirt to catch his attention. "Tis okay, you can put your weapon down," the words came out as a whisper from Sandra's mouth, but since the atmosphere was so quiet- everyone heard Sandra's two simple words that made the tall handsome but angry man lower his pistol.

"Good, now we have this cleared-"

"Do not think I won't behead you with my sword, one step out of place- your crew will be scrubbing your blood off this deck."  Anton stated, clearly showing it was more than a threat- more like a promise.

The promise was for everyone, but Anton was looking directly down at Ifeoma, as she walked closer to her daughter. Ifeoma brushed his words off- at least not before sending the young man a dirty look, however, she could not brush off the fact her daughter was curled up into his arms like a scared little kitten.

Sandra obviously did not get her coward ways from her mother's side of the family. Seeing that she had a sense of Jabari in her, Ifeoma slightly cringed from the past memory she had of her husband- past husband.

"Sandra," Ifeoma said, but in a softer and more soothing voice. "Lets speak, privately."

Sandra managed to turn and face Ifeoma with a glint of anger in her eyes. She did not bother to hide her anger, more like advertised it as her plump lips thinned. "Privately? I do not think that would be...appropriate. Tis best for you to leave these poor men alone by sailing off to your...waters..."

Taking a deep breath, Ifeoma tried again- but suddenly stopped before words could come out. Instead, Ifeoma went right to the chase- not caring that her crew and Vál's crew was present and going to know about her life she tries to keep a secret. "I did not leave because of you, I was not happy with Jabari."

Before Ifeoma could get into deep depths of her reasons, Vál stepped in after getting over the shocking news. "You two should speak in private."