Ch. 9 The Morning After

*A/N here's that chapter i promised. a day late, i know.  sorry. but i think this chapter will make it up; it's pretty good, i think :) enjoy!

(same as last chapter) http://www.polyvore.com/ch/set?id=89518429

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ross’s POV:

I was having the most amazing dream. Jaimie and I were walking together, my left arm around her shoulders. She then put her arm around my waist. Chills automatically went up my spine. I couldn’t believe how nervous I was. I mean I have had tons of girlfriends before and doing just this but, for some reason, this time was different. I don’t know if it was because I was dreaming or because it was her. Either way, I was glad to be with her.

Jaimie let go of me for a moment and jumped on my back, giggling and smiling. I piggybacked her. I looked up at her from behind me, and she did the same. We gazed into each other’s eyes. I was hypnotized by her golden brown eyes. They were so beautiful, I couldn’t look away. With her left hand, she lifted my chin. Jaimie closed her eyes, and I closed mine. I inched towards her, our lips just about to touch…

I feel someone nudging me, and I wake up. I open my eyes. I see Jaimie turning over, facing away from me. So that’s what woke me up! I look back at her. She looks so sweet-her delicate hands lightly hugging her pillow. And our legs intertwined.

Maybe I should wake her up. Or...

I put my arm around Jaimie, hug her tight, grin, and fall back to sleep.

Jaimie’s POV:

I feel something squeeze my waist, and I gain consciousness. I open my eyes and see the clock from where I am. 5am. I still have another hour until I have to get ready for school. I close my eyes, pull up my covers, and go back to sleep.

♪ You like mismatched socks with polka dots. You like your pizza cold. I think that’s hot… My alarm wakes me up. I open my eyes and just lie there in bed, listening to Rocky singing. I love this song.

I look around and see something peculiar- a hand. My eyes follow the hand to an arm. Then a shoulder. Then a neck. Then a face. Ross’s face.

“Oh it’s just Ross.” I mumble to myself, and I turn over. My eyes widen. “What…?” I moan groggily to myself.  I turn over to Ross’s face… two inches from mine!

Ross, already awake, stretches his arms, smiles, and says, “Morning, beautiful.”

He puckers up and starts closing in on me. I’m totally shocked and wide-eyed. At first I am paralyzed and stare at Ross’s face while he inches towards my lips until I'm practically cross-eyed. I finally grab ahold of myself and find my voice.

“No! No, no… no!” I push his face away from mine and just keep separating myself until I go so far, I reach the edge of the bed and tumble off. I immediately stagger off the ground with my eyes fixed on Ross’s and his fixed on mine. He just keeps smiling, making me confused and frustrated.

“Why are you smiling?” I shout at him. Ross gets off my bed and makes his way towards me.

“Come on, Jaimie. Just admit it. You like me! Just admit it, and I’ll let you have that kiss I know you’ve been dying for since the day we met.”

He smiles and wraps his arms around my waist and stares into my eyes.’ I cannot believe him! This guy is nothing like the Ross I knew last night. He is so infuriating! I have an idea.’

“You’re right, Ross!” I say smiling deviously. “I have been dying to do this since the day we met.”

He smiles triumphantly, like he won me over, and closes his eyes. I can’t help but giggle knowing what’s happening next.