Chapter Thirteen

Patrick's POV:

I haven't realized I was so lost and away from the clinic until I almost got hit by a car.I stopped and looked around me.

I thought I knew my town.It seems like I knew nothing.

I was standing on the pavement and nothing was familiar to me.It was just a quiet road.but it didn't seem like the part of town church boys would visit.I was absolutely terrified with no clue of what I was supposed to do.

Most of the people in such situations would think about their parents,but I was thinking about Pete.I was sure that Andy was talking about him when Gerard went to help him.What happened to him?

I stopped thinking immediately when another car passed by me with blinding headlights,loud music and extreme speed.I knew I couldn't stop walking now.They would find me eventually.

I started walking with my hands stuffed in my pockets.I was already freezing without a reason all the time.No need for it to happen again.I looked up and saw small houses with red lights spelling the word 'open'.Two years ago I would have no clue what these houses were used for,but now I do.I've never been in that place.I never needed to be here.

My head was spinning and my breathing felt a hard task to do.I needed to sit somewhere.Lights started to fade and become one,all together.My stomach hurts.I really needed to find a place to sit but I couldn't see straight.My legs were moving uncontrollably until I finally tripped on some steps and decided to sit there.I looked down and my eyes landed on my flashing rubber bands.Red and orange mixed together.

What was I thinking when I ran away?They're gonna find me and ask me questions that I will be unable to answer.But even if they don't find me,where am I gonna go?

I don't care about my mom and she doesn't care about me either.But what is going to happen with Joe?He's gonna lose his work for sure and that's because of me.Brendon?I lost him and I had no idea where he went.I can only hope that they found him.And what about Pete?I won't see him again,will I?Of course not.But he will forget about me,eventually.I was nothing to him but another weird dude in the clinic that he barely even knew.

All these thoughts because of a pair of fucking rubber bands.I pulled them off my hand and stuffed them in my pocket.Tears dripped down and I leaned my head against the wall.I'm all alone now.

I heard footsteps towards me but I was too exhausted mentally and physically to react to that.I just rolled my eyes towards the person that eventually sat next to me.

Really tall dude with brown hair and dark clothing.He was wearing sunglasses even though it was night.He rested his back on the wall on the other side and brought his hand towards his mouth.Only then I realized that he kept a bottle of alcohol in a paper bag.He was quiet for a few seconds but he was here to talk.

Pete's POV:

I opened my eyes and I could make out at least four doctors standing around me.I didn't feel that I was safe for some reason.I had a really bad feeling.I wasn't scared or terrified,I just didn't feel safe.

My heart was beating at an extremely quick rate and suddenly my whole body was in pain.I shut my eyes and arched my back while groaning in pain.When I opened them again,nothing seemed normal.The colors of m surroundings were black and red and the doctors were not there anymore.I saw people with no faces standing all around me.I didn't hear voices anymore.Just weird sounds that were in such a high pitch that I felt that my ears would bleed.They were holding weird stuff and pushing them inside my skin.That's why I felt that pain.I started screaming and started flail,even though that caused me more pain, therefore louder screams.