Chapter Fourteen

Patrick's POV:

This part of town does seem unfriendly and cold but not like its buildings.

I followed the stranger up some marble stairs.A lot of them were broken and on the floor was leaking water from somewhere.

On the second floor, he changed his way.He turned left and into the hallway.He didn't bother to turn on the lights of the hallway because he knew the building clearly too well.Instead of me.

He pulled out a key from his pocket and unlocked the door to a bad situation apartment.

I started doubting my decision as he stared me through his tinted glasses in the dark.Maybe he's a murderer,or a psychopath and has plans on killing me and eating my organs.

Well,it's not like someone out there will miss me,so I decided not to test his patience any more.

I walked in the apartment and saw two other people laying around.A girl with half of her hair being dyed pink and the other one black laying on the couch with a chiffon skirt and a white shirt.A guy with brown hair that were cut short wearing black clothing too and sitting on a chair by the kitchen table looking ready to fall asleep.

"These are the other kids?"I asked

"These are the only kids left by now."he said

I felt awkward.I just stood there as Dallon walked in and closed the door.

"Patrick that's Kenny and Melanie"he introduced me to them "Guys that's Patrick."he said

They didn't even tried to move.They just ignored my presence.Dallon took off his glasses and I could now see why he wore them for so long.His eyes have huge dark circles under them and they are red and swollen.

"Don't mind them for not answering.They got high.They'll be fine by morning.Probably"he murmured the last word and put his cigar in the ashtray.

"Follow me"he said and went in the hallway that led deeper in the apartment.He guided me into a room with two mattresses on the floor,a nightstand,a wardrobe and a window that was secured with tape.The room had the smell of humidity and mold and the white color on the walls was cracking in a lot of different parts.

"That's where you'll sleep.If you get hungry or thirsty you can open the fridge.Sleep and I'll explain you everything in the morning."he said and left the room which I just realized had no door.

I sighed and sat down on a mattress.I looked out of the window but it was too dirty and too dark outside for me to be able to see much.Just the light of a lamppost was something I could make out.

I laid down.What is he gonna explain me in the morning? I'm fearing sleep,but it's one of the few times this month that I feel that I actually can  sleep,so I might as well try it.

Pete's POV:

When I opened my eyes again,I had no idea of how much time had passed and what happened then.

My breathing made a weird noise like I was Darth Vader or some shit,so I know that I am not in my room.

I looked downwards and saw that I was in the hospital part of the clinic.It's more of an emergency room with maximum of three patients,but right now there was no other patient in the room except for me.

"Andy?"I murmured and my throat hurt terribly.

I got no answer though.That's weird.He's always responding immediately.I'm not sure if I should actually take the mask off my mouth and go look what's going on.

Maybe it's like a zombie apocalypse and everyone abandoned the hospital because it was full of zombies.I saw it happening in Walking Dead so...

Anyway I didn't feel like keeping the mask on,so I just took it off and walked towards the door, while pulling everything connected to my arm behind me.

As soon as I reached for the handle the door swung open and hit me right on the head,so I fell on my butt.

"Oh my God,Pete I'm so sorry"

"Damn Andy; careful with the doors dude"I muttered while rubbing my forehead.

"You weren't supposed to be up."he said as he helped me go back to the bed again.

"Well I tried to call you but,surprisingly,you didn't listen"

"That's my fault.Something occurred and I had to be on the move."

"What happened?"I asked while settling down on my bed.

"It's not the time now.I don't want to stress you out any more."he said and looked down on his hands,then back at me."At least now you talk"he said and forced a smile.

"It's not a phase mom"I joked and he chuckled.Still he seemed really concerned about something else.

"Listen,you'll take some pills now and in about fifteen minutes,if any of your friends wants to pay a visit,you'll be forced to deal with them"he explained and left the room.

I literally was absent for a night and it looks like something has gone bad.Or a lot.Or my paranoia went so far into my brain cells that I can't even make out people's expressions right.Either way is bad.

Brendon walked in the room.These were not fifteen minutes.

Patrick's POV:

I opened my eyes but felt like I couldn't keep them open.I also knew that I couldn't sleep again either,so I decided to force them not to close.

I felt cold.Not uncommon.My stomach growls like a maniac and my head spins.I need water.

I sat up on the mattress and heard talking somewhere in the apartment.

"Wasn't that the place you've been too?"a girl asked.I can't remember any names.Except for Fallon's

"I told you not to talk about that.Ever again."Dallon's voice sounded fierce and angry "And why does that matter to you?"he asked her

"It doesn't"she sounded like a little girl.

"You piss me off sometimes Mel.Just so you know"he stated and I heard footsteps

"I'm sorry"she pouted

"Tell me something I don't know"he murmured

"So what are you gonna do with him?"she changed the subject.

"The same thing I did with every single one of you.Now shut up and go wake Kenny up"he said.

For who are they talking?Me, probably.

"He's not at home.I told you before"

"I also told you that when I don't get it on time I forget stuff so don't you try and play it smart to me okay?"

"Fuck off"she muttered and the next thing I heard was a slap.Silence followed for some seconds.

"You know I can't stand people with attitude.Remember that you are alive because of me,but you can die because of me too."

This shouldn't bring memories but it does.I need something to block them fast but I know that whatever it is, it won't be permanent.And that's what hurts the most.Everything bad comes back in my life eventually.

A/N:Vacations are over but I don't mind.I have more time for my stories now.Feedback appreciated.Stay safe.