Six

"Oh shit!" Jinbei's fish!! It had been almost two days and you haven't fed them!!

Bushido looked up, staring after you as you ran outside, slamming the door as you hurried to Jinbei's home. He huffed and laid his head back on his paws, yawning as he prepared for his fourth nap that day. His tail gently wagged as he started to nod off.

The dog's ears flicked slightly before he suddenly sat back up, ears folding back as he growled.

He raised his nose to the air and sniffed, eyes narrowing after catching an all too familiar scent. Snarling, he jumped off the couch and glared at the door, watching the doorknob turn. In your haste to run to Jinbei's you had forgotten to lock up behind you and now someone very familiar was coming in...

Bastard. How had he found him? He had been sure he had lost him in the mountains and now he had followed him here?!

The door slowly opened and a tall man stood in the doorway.

He wore a long coat that laid open, revealing a bare, toned chest with a gold cross hanging around his neck. On his head was a hat with a feather in it and he wore crisp pants, as if they would always be wrinkle free no matter what happened. The stranger was very handsome, beard and mustache trimmed neatly around his pointed face. His eyes are what drew most attention though, sharp and golden. Definitely not the eyes of any normal human.

The man took the very large, cross shaped sword off his back, it's jewels glinting in it's ornate hilt as it practically sang for Bushido's blood.

Just looking at the dangerous blade made his chest scar ache.

They both said nothing, glaring at one another. Bushido's hackles raised, snarling and digging his dangerous looking claws into the carpet, looking much sharper than normal now.

The stranger hummed, adjusting his grip on the large sword. "I never knew you to be a coward. But to take refuge in a human's home? It's pathetic. "

Bushido snarled, body suddenly growing larger and bulkier. The tense and silent room grew loud as the sounds of bones snapping and breaking filled it. The dog growled low and monstrously as he took shape, fur receding and body practically breaking and reforming from a large wolf and into a thick, powerful man.

Black fur disappeared to reveal tanned skin while his animal ears painfully grew and shifted into human ones. His hind legs snapped forwards slightly then back at an awkward angle before growing human like while his large paws grew long and thin into hands. His eyes changed only slightly in his transformation, pupils growing smaller but they still held their color, though they held hints of madness in them.

"What I do is my business," Bushido growled, large palms still looking lethal with sharp nails as he slowly stood from his kneeling position and into bipedal form. He looked so angry, for what reason, the swordsman had many guesses.

"Your business is mine to know," his sword clinked, blade shining alarmingly. "Wolves are dangerous. Letting just one in is fatal."