Ten

"_________."

You looked at him, finally noticing his intense gaze. You blushed a little, but tried to play it cool. "W-What?"

The wolf was silent for a few moments, still observing you even as you fidgeted under his stare. He inhaled and gave your hand a squeeze, eyes suddenly fierce and protective as he leaned towards you and touched his forehead against yours; warm breath fanning across your face.

"I'll always keep you safe."

"I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe."

You slammed the knife down on the piece of meat, eye twitching as you attempted to cut up the beef to make burgers. You slammed it down again, watching the chunks turn into misshapen squares.

Personally, you thought you were doing a marvelous job.

"I'll always keep you safe."

You dropped the sharp object on the cutting board and tugged at your cheeks, feeling like that weird alien from the star wars movie.

"I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe.""I'll always keep you safe."

"GAH!!" You tugged harder, face completely red as you attempted to erase the memory from your mind.

I mean, how dare he? HOW DARE HE?!! How dare he say something so fucking romantic and expect you to act normal!?! He's your dog!! Not your...your-!!!!

...boyfriend.

You fought hard to keep from screeching like a pterodactyl, knowing this was just ridiculous. Pulling your hands away from your cheeks you grinned, nodding to yourself as you tried to make sense of all this. Okay, okay. Deep breath. Zoro is Bushido, who you technically, legally own. So he was your dog and in no way your boyfriend...ugh, that sounded horrible, you were a horrible person and you had a paper basically saying you owned a grown man!

A man who was waving his hand in front of your face. You snapped out of your internal drama and realized you had been staring at the ground meat with dazed eyes.

"You okay?"

"What? Me?! I'M DANDY!"