Seven

You gaped, eyes wide as the man named Zoro stared right back, giving you a strange look you couldn't even begin to describe. He still held your hand, forcing your palm to stay still so he could rub his cheek against it. Just like when Bushido would get annoyed when you stopped petting him, he would force his head into your hand and rub, as if he had been starving for attention.

Your mind reeled and you managed to free your hand once you finally came out of your stupor. He scowled when you pulled it away and started to smack your balled up fists into his chest.

"Get off." you hit him again and again. "Get off! Get off, NOW!!"

Looking reluctant he moved off to the side, letting you sit up and move freely. You quickly clutched your head, fearing your brain would explode if you tried to understand what was going on. Zoro saw your distress and moved forward but you quickly held up a hand and stopped him.

"Just...Just let me think."

He stopped but didn't force anything, waiting patiently as you groaned and looked ready to pull out your hair. You turned your gaze to him with a look of pure confusion.

"So...Let me get this straight." He waited for you to continue, but you only swallowed, almost afraid to really ask. You've read enough fables, myths, and romance novels to be able to connect the dots, but you needed a 100% confirmation before becoming fully committed to this crazy bullshit.

"You're really...Bushido?"

A nod.

"My dog!" You shouted, as if he hadn't heard your question the first time. "You're my dog, Bushido?!"

"Yes," he replied with a scowl. It was simple, you should have been able to get it.

"But you're named Zoro...and you can turn into a human...?"

Zoro gave you a look, one that screamed 'duh'.

"So.....You're a...a werewolf?"

"Yes."

Everything was silent and tense for a moment as you stared at one another until you started to hyperventilate. Zoro could hear your heart start to pound like a drum in your chest and smell the fear suddenly coming off you like waves. He watched as you quickly pulled your knees up to your chest and buried your face in them, rocking back and forth as you took everything in. 

First, a man attacks you and your dog and then you realize your dog is a naked werewolf and you jumped off the third floor and had a car thrown at you and holy shit this was too much!! What else existed out there?! Vampires? Zombies?!! Demons?! 

Then, a horrible thought struck you.

Did you do anything embarrassing around Zoro when he was in dog form? You quickly looked up and eyed the wolf, staring at him so intently that he was visibly uncomfortable.