Twelve

You remember going to a dive bar once. Your friend had convinced you that the place was fun because it was known for it's patrons breaking out in fights at random. Someone could be complimenting your shoes and then suddenly you're being swung at for not saying thanks. Your friend described it as a wreck that you couldn't look away from and poor, naive you had never seen a bar fight before and agreed to go with her. Plus, there was going to be cheap alcohol.

The both of you had arrived and ordered your drinks and just hung out, sitting in a booth where it's seats were torn and the table rickety. The lighting was dim and smokey from cigarettes and the bar games like pool and darts were missing some of it's equipment. The bartender had been nasty but the patrons seemed to be well enough. It seemed as the night had gone on that there wouldn't be a brawl at any point, your friend had been very disappointed that she couldn't share such a moment with you.

Just as you two were preparing to leave there had been a shout then suddenly two, grown men were struggling and taking swings near a pool table. The reason for the fight was unknown, but it seemed to be enough to warrant one of the men to snatch up a pool cue and start swinging. The both of you had been in the line of fire and though she had ducked in time, your inebriated self earned a hard whack in the face from the make shift weapon.

The next thing you remembered was waking up with your friend leaning over you on the street outside where the bartender had decided you had taken up too much room after the fight had finished. You walked around with a black eye for weeks and a wary view of any kind of bars from then on.

This moment, in the cabin on the lake where your werewolf boyfriend was fighting some trained assassin with a giant sword in the dark, made you feel like you were back in that very dive bar.

You couldn't count how many times you were sure you had almost been sliced in the pitch darkness, your flashlight long gone from your hands sometime in the confusion. The only thing that indicated that Zoro hadn't been killed was the sound of angry, animal snarls and the glowing red orb moving about the room; glaring at the pair of gold ones coming after it. You honestly weren't sure if Zoro had taken the time to transform into his wolf self or that he was making the noises in his human form, either way, it was damn frightening.

Much more then the sound of a wolf howl mixed with an elephant scream.

The sword was obviously hitting something though, shattering glass and ripping upholstery meeting your ears as you crawled behind the couch while you tried to paw around for some kind of weapon. Or at least something to throw at the asshole who was trying to kill Zoro.

You tried not to think about how much of this place was being destroyed, resisting the urge to scream at them about using weapons in the house, all while still trying to find something of use. You were about to cry out in frustration when you saw one of the forms suddenly get thrown out one of the windows and into the dark, snowy landscape. Peeking up over the couch, you watched with wide eyes as a second form swiftly went after the first, leaving you alone in the destroyed cabin.

Quickly, you scrambled to the back room and grabbed your baseball bat before running to the front door and outside, seeing the two figures now far across the way and going uphill where you and Zoro had been earlier that day. It was hard to tell what was happening, but you were sure things were getting nastier.