Sixteen

"You know? This whole appearing out of nowhere thing? It's really getting old," You hissed, pointing angrily at the male who practically towered over you like a mountain.

The Hunter didn't reply, just stared at you apathetically.

"This is, like, the third time you've done it. It's very rude. I can't walk into a room without you being there all menacing like." You were babbling, but it was better then screaming and alerting Zoro. Last thing you wanted to do was a repeat of the last inside fight. You've already filled your 'drag a body through the snow' quota for the year, thank you.

"Sit." Mihawk replied back, gesturing towards one of the seats by the table.

You crossed your arms and glared, "You're not the boss of me."

"Sit." He repeated, golden eyes narrowing.

Scowling, you moved to the closest chair and plopped down, crossing your arms like a bratty child. "You're lucky Iwant to sit."

Mihawk ignored this statement and sat in the seat across from you, leaning his large blade against the table next to him. It really made you want to grab your baseball bat and do the same thing, to make things fair.

"You still wish to protect the wolf."

Resisting the urge to groan, you slouched in your seat and glared right back at him. "Yes."

"He's killed many before," Mihawk went on. "What makes you think he won't dispose of you in the future?"

"What makes you think that's any of your business?" You hissed back, growing tired of this cat and mouse game. All of this was ending now. You wanted to go home and talk to your neighbor and go back to school and just enjoy time with Zoro.

"I've been paid to make it my business," Mihawk stated in a matter of fact tone, which only made you angry.

"And who paid you?" Zoro asked, having made his way soundlessly down the hall.

Mihawk's gaze slowly slid to the wolf, Zoro leaning against the wall and glaring right back at Mihawk.

"I have no reason to give you my employer's name."

"You will when I'm done with you!" Hissing like a snake, you attempted to be a badass by flipping the table but Zoro was standing behind you now and had grabbed your wrists before you could even get a chance to grip the surface.

"I can find him without your help," Zoro said while glaring at the man. "I was a bounty hunter before you ever left your grave."

Mihawk suddenly tensed, eyes narrowing at Zoro dangerously while his blank face switched to unamused. You could practically feel the air shift in the room, going from tense to 'I'm gonna wreck your shit' in a matter of milliseconds. You looked from Mihawk to Zoro and back then it suddenly dawned on you what Zoro had actually said.