Fourteen

"Her heart--is given him, with all its love and truth. She would joyfully die with him, or, better than that, die for him. She knows he has failings, but she thinks they have grown up through his being like one cast away, for the want of something to trust in, and care for, and think well of. . ."

Our Mutual Friend

~ Charle's Dicken's

Mihawk stared at you, eyes actually a little wide at your confession of your love for the werewolf. He had heard many things before, but this one was definitely different. It happened a lot in the movies but to actually be living the drama.

Honestly, he wasn't sure if he approved or not. If the situation wasn't so dire he might have given you a stern talking to like a father would a daughter

"Under the circumstances, I'm sure you feel something for the wolf; but if things were normal-"

"No!" You interrupted with a shout, eyes flashing with anger and determination and something so deep that even Mihawk looked amazed and unwilling to contradict again. "I love him! I love the way he snores when he naps! I love the way he grumbles about the silliest things but does them anyways! The way he always seems to get lost even when it's just inside a house! How he pets my head to calm me down or how he hugs me like I'm the most important person in the world! I love him so much that I feel like I'm going to explode and I will give up everything so he won't have to spend another day in his life alone!"

You practically radiated anger as you went on, wanting the hunter to realize that you would do anything to keep Zoro safe and that you would fight to the death to make sure Mihawk would ever lay a finger on him. "Zoro would never hurt me and despite what you saw in the woods he couldn't even touch me!! I will always take care of him and I would kill anyone who hurts him!! He's mine, damn it!"

"Am I?"

"Shhh!!" You said while turning to the wolf who was staring at you with a raised eyebrow. "I'm trying to defend your honor here!"

You looked back at Mihawk to shout some more and proclaim your undying love but then realized the one you loved was awake. "Zoro!!"

You grinned happily at the wolf who only stared but then suddenly realized that it was more then possible that he had just heard EVERYTHING you had just said. Redness swept over your face like wildfire spreading across a dry field. The both of you stared at one another for what felt like forever before you stumbled backwards, pulling your shirt collar over the lower half of your face to try and hide it before running towards the bathroom and slamming the door behind you.

Promptly embarrassed, you crawled into the bathtub and pulled the shower curtain closed; this is where you would live from now on.

The tub was comfortable enough, just a few blankets and pillows and it'd make the perfect bed/couch. Your laptop could sit on the toilet when you weren't using it and you could totally lay in the tub and watch netflix. Food might be a problem, but you were good at sneaking snacks so there would be no way Zoro could catch you. It may be a little small, but you could make it work You always made things work.