07

qotc:  fave 5sos song?

aotc: catch fire prolly

adrianna was sitting on the front steps of the school alone. claudia left school early for a doctor's appointment and even though she knew she couldn't walk home with michael without her parents scolding her, she at least wanted to say goodbye and ask him how his day was.

she saw michael walk out of the front doors of the school with his hood up and his headphones in. adrianna walked over to him and grabbed his shoulder. his head flew up, his eyes wide.

"not trying to attack you, bro, calm down," adrianna laughed.

"sorry, you would not believe the day i've had," he muttered, pulling his earbuds out.

"you seemed fine at lunch," adrianna said sadly.

"i didn't want to ruin the mood," he shrugged sitting down on the steps with her.

"i'm sorry that everybody in this town is a prick," she apologized. she felt genuinely sorry for michael. he was so excited to come back to school, to not be afraid of who he was anymore, but now he seemed so defeated. there were dark circles under his eyes, his hair was tousled, his mouth was set in a resting frown.

"it's okay," he said getting up and walking down the steps, adrianna followed, "at least you aren't."

"speaking of pricks," adrianna shoved her hands into the pockets of her shorts, "my parents would kill me if they saw me walking home with you."

"that's fine, i'm going to a friend's house anyway," he waved it off. he had known adrianna's parents for ten years. he couldn't believe they'd be so quick to shun him over his sexuality considering he was basically their son.

"a friend? who?" adrianna wiggled her eyebrows. she had a feeling this "friend" michael was talking about was not just a friend.

"hm, i'll tell you later," michael smirked, "i have to go, see you, adri."

adrianna waved goodbye to him and leaned against the stair railing. she didn't really want to go home. she had a little bit of biology homework, but besides that, she was free for the entire night and that meant her parents would expect her to spend time with them. they would ask her about her day and if people were nice. then they would say that they saw michael clifford leaving his house that morning and they would wonder if he had wised up enough to get over that whole "gay thing" and go back to school. it was just a conversation adrianna did not want to have. she figured she could go to a cafe and do her homework and stay there until dinner, but adrianna knew it was an imminent discussion and there was no point in putting it off.

adrianna locked her phone and looked up at the students walking past her. she saw abigail tao and taylor york walk by and get into abigail's car, but molly was nowhere to be seen. adrianna started walking home, but before she could get off the school's campus she was stopped by someone shouting her name.

molly partridge.

adrianna froze in her spot and tried to stop the blood from rushing to her face. she took a deep breath and turned around, seeing molly running towards her.

"hi," molly said awkwardly.

"hi? uh, i don't want to be rude or anything, but why are you talking to me?" adrianna questioned. her voice was bland as if she didn't have a gigantic crush on the girl in front of her. she was mentally punching herself in the face, because even though it wasn't her intention, she sounded completely rude.

"sorry, i just realize we never talk, but you seem really nice and it's senior year, so..." molly explained, a little smile grew on face. adrianna had heard molly speak before, but never directly to her. she thought molly's voice sounded like all of the best aspects of every season combined into a sound. the crunch of leaves in autumn, the jingle bells in winter, the birds singing in spring, and the crickets chirping in summer. it was high-pitched, but not squeaky. it was smooth and fresh and crisp. adrianna had never been so infatuated with someones voice before.