13

hi idk but i like to know what the writers of the stories im reading look like and i havent uploaded a selfie to any of my books for like 2 years and ive glo'd up and cut my hair since so there ya go

qotc: fave band besides 5sos
aotc: probs blink 182 and im going to their concert later in august im hype as fuckkkk

adrianna had invited ashton over to work on their project one more time before winter break started and ashton went to florida. 

ashton was bundled up as he walked up to adrianna's front door. the fields' house was well decorated for christmas, as were most of the house in the town. ashton knocked on the door that had a festive wreath adorning it. mrs. fields answered the door. ashton had gotten to know the fields pretty well since the start of adrianna and ashton's project. they usually did work at adrianna's house. adrianna had only been to ashton's house 2 or 3 times, but his family was never home when she was there. while, at the fields', mr. and mrs. fields were always home on the weekends when  ashton was over and they were always so excited to see him. 

mrs. fields encouraged adrianna to date him because he was "such a nice, polite boy". even adrianna's dad, who wasn't keen on adrianna dating anyone, felt that ashton would treat her incredibly well. 

but, ashton knew adrianna wasn't interested in him and he respected that. he didn't take it personally, either, he just assumed adrianna was into girls. she gave off some kind of lesbian vibe. 

"it's so good to see you, ashton!" mrs. fields beamed.

"it's good to see you, too, ma'am," ashton smiled and shook her hand. 

"adrianna is up in her room with molly right now, you can show yourself up," mrs. fields told him and stepped out of the doorway. ashton nodded and thanked her. he made his way upstairs and turned down the hallway to adrianna's room. there was music blasting, which is probably why there was no response when he knocked on the door, so he just let himself in; adrianna always said it was okay to, anyway.

ashton was not expecting to see adrianna and molly partridge in the midst of a make-out session. ashton stood there quietly, they hadn't noticed him yet and ashton wanted to keep it that way, so he quietly closed the door and put his ear to the back of it.

there was no talking for the next five minutes until adrianna's voice sounded over the turned-down music.

"ashton's coming over, so..." adrianna trailed off.

"oh, yeah i forgot. have fun," he heard molly say. there was walking around in the room, "i'm,  uh, coming out tonight, to everybody." ashton never even thought that molly partridge would be gay. she had had multiple boyfriends who claimed they had great sex with her. he didn't peg molly for someone who liked girls. adrianna on the other hand-

"yeah, i know. uh, good luck," adrianna said in reply. 

"thanks, i, uh, i love you," molly sighed and ashton heard footsteps coming towards the door. ashton backed down the hallway quietly and tried his best to make it seem like he had just come up the stairs when molly came out of the room. 

"hi, ashton," molly flashed him a bright smile. he waved as he passed her and walked into adrianna's room.

"hey, adri," he said. adrianna looked disheveled, but he pretended that he didn't know that she was just making out with the hottest girl from riverside high. he didn't feel the need to bring it up to adrianna because one, it would be awkward, and two he always just assumed adrianna was gay and it wasn't something he should talk about as if it were a secret.

"oh, hey," she breathed and pulled out her notes.

"so, i was thinking we could start on the actual presentation today since our research is done."

--

"clifford, why is your hair only red and not red and green? that's not festive at all," adrianna remarked sitting on the bench next to michael in redcreek park. 

"because i have dignity," michael rolled his eyes. he was in an ugly christmas sweater that his mom probably bought him. there were christmas lights adorning the trees and the light of them shone onto michael's face and made his eyes sparkle. his pretty, green eyes.

"you're wearing that sweater and you're claiming you have dignity?" adrianna scoffed.

"it's so ugly, it's cute," michael said in mock-girl voice.

"that saying is usually about animals, not clothes,"  adrianna pointed out.

"fuck you," michael rolled his eyes and looked down at his phone, opening up a notification. "are you aware that molly just came out?"

"yeah," adrianna shrugged.

"you seem to be keeping your cool extraordinarily well," michael looked at her with concern.

"what would i have to be worried about?"

"that when people realize that molly has been hanging out with a new girl all year and is suddenly gay they might make assumptions," michael pointed out.

"well, yeah there's that-"

"and when your parents get word of molly being a lesbian they won't let you see her anymore."

"well i know-"

"and when you stood by me when i came out people harassed you because you weren't homophobic, but now when you stand by molly people are going to harass you because they'll assume you're dating."

"you're really not helping the amount of anxiety i'm dealing with right now," adrianna hit his arm.

"sorry," he said sheepishly. "i'll be here with you through it all, don't worry adri. only six months left of school, then three months of summer, and then you're out of the town."

"yeah," she breathed deeply.

"speaking of," michael grabbed her hands. her heart fluttered, "have you heard from northwestern?"

"oh, yeah," adrianna laughed, looking at michael's face so she could see his reaction, "i'm in on a full basketball scholarship." 

I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING FOR LIKE FOUR DAYS OOPS

i've just been in such a rut since whenever the last time i updated was so oops. 

i'm going to catch up somehow, i'm  not really sure how tho.

i was gonna binge write today, but i went shopping instead and i'm going to a concert tonight so

also i'm leaving for vacation tomorrow and i'll be back sunday so there probably won't  be updates unless i can manage to write a few more chapters today.

also chapter 15 is quickly approaching and if you remember me saying in chapter 7 or chapter 8's authors note or some chapter around that, something happens in chapter 15 and then it all goes downhill from there so next chapter is the last happyish chapter of the story enjoy :)))

xoxoxo mary elizabeth