09

qotc: who do you think michael's boyfriend is?

aotc: i know and you're gonna know after you read this chapter too ;))

adrianna's favorite month of the year was october. she loved the particular color the leaves had in october over any of the other autumn months and it was at the peak of autumn. october wasn't too warm like september and wasn't too cold like november. october gave her a magical feeling in her chest. 

it was mid-october and the ground was coated with orange and red and gold leaves, they crunched when you stepped on them, but not the same way the dead brown ones did in november. people were starting to put out their jack-ol-lanterns and their halloween decorations. the fields' house was decorated with a cheesy sign that said "vampire's lair" that hung above the door and a few styrofoam graves scattered across the lawn. the clifford's house had fake spiderwebs sprawled across their bushes and the wells' had gone full out. realistic stone tombstones were scattered on their lawn with fake bones and body parts sticking out, ghosts hung from their trees, spiderwebs covered their front porch, and lights gave everything an eerie green glow at night. the wells' were very into halloween. claudia held a party every year, and though she was not well known most of the year, claudia was famous on halloween. most of the grade showed up to claudia's party. adrianna would show up at the beginning every year and then leave after claudia got sucked into the crowd. adrianna was not a big fan of parties. 

luckily, adrianna didn't have to worry about the party for another fifteen days. it was only october sixteenth. though, she was slightly worried about the fact that she only had fifteen days to find a date to the party. 

she would love to bring molly, but she didn't know what claudia would say. she was sure molly would love to go with her, they had been doing whatever it is they were doing for over a month now and they were happy with the situation. of course neither of them were out or showing that they were friendly at school, so going to a party together would probably raise some red flags. 

adrianna thought it was silly that claudia was pushing her about finding a date when adrianna had more important things to worry about. she had met with notre dame's and northwestern's girl's basketball coaches since the beginning of the school year, both said she had a shot at a basketball scholarship if she kept up the good work. she wanted to go look at the colleges, but she wasn't sure her family would want to drive hours up north to look at colleges they didn't want adrianna to go to.  

adrianna had really like northwestern's coach and they offered a biomedical engineering major, which was what adrianna was most interested in majoring in. anything science-y would make her happy, but she would rather go into biomedical engineering more than anything else. at the moment, northwestern was adrianna's first choice, but she knew it would take a lot of convincing for her parents to let her go. 

of course, adrianna couldn't possibly think about college now because claudia was next to her, talking her ear off about everything she planned for her party. it was a good thing it was friday because adrianna really needed a break from people. she loved claudia dearly, but her hatred for parties trumped everything currently. she couldn't stand another word of it. and this was on top of the constant "faggot"'s coming at michael in the hallway whenever adrianna walked around school with him, and her parents talking about how michael "ought to know better by now", and molly being so bubbly about being gay as if it weren't the worst thing that ever happened to her. 

adrianna just needed a break. 

the two girls arrived on school campus and adrianna made up some bullshit excuse as to why she needed to be alone and watched as claudia walked away with relief. adrianna leaned against the stair railing tiredly and took out her phone. she scrolled through instagram until a text from molly that said "i see you leaning against the stairs, you look super cute today...as you always do!! see you saturday night?? xoxo"