Reunited

When I woke up, I was in a beautiful bedroom complete with an ornate bed with F/C sheets and a nightstand with a F/C rose on it,

"Welcome back, sleeping beauty."

A deep voice said from behind me. Surprised, I turned and saw the familiar face of a man from my childhood,

"Rido?"

I asked in confirmation,

"Yes, darling, its me."

I jumped up and hugged him tightly,

"I missed you! I haven't since you saved me from the vampire hunters who killed my parents all those years ago. Where have you been? Was that you at my balcony?"

I asked excitedly. He smiled,

"Yes, it was. I'm truly sorry that I haven't been able to see you, but I've been in hiding form the hunters association. I had to lay low and since Kaname appointed himself your personal bodyguard after your parents deaths, I couldn't go near you. I wanted too, I really did."

I hugged him comfortingly,

"It's okay Rido. I understand."

"Thank you, but it seems that he has also fallen for you."

I blinked in confusion,

"What?"

"He started to when he was your bodyguard and that's why he wouldn't allow anyone near you. His jealousy began to get the best of him. After he realized that he sent you to live with you Aunt and Uncle. They treated you horridly and he knew it"

His voice grew angry and bitter as he held you tighter,

"He never even bothered to check up on you. He never even cared enough to make sure they were treating you well-"

"Rido."

I said, effectively cutting him off. He looked at me with anger in his eyes, but I knew it wasn't directed at me,

"I don't know if that's why Kaname left me with my Aunt and Uncle, but I don't blame him for what happened. He said that something important had come up and that he was leaving me with them for my own safety. I'm okay, I promise."

I said with a small smile,

"So don't let it bother you okay?"

I gently squeezed his hand and he sighed,

"Alright, as long as you're sure."

"I am. I promise."

He smiled at me and hugged me for a little longer this time, like he was afraid that if he let go, he would lose me forever. then, something occurred to me,

"Rido?"

"Hmm?"

"I just realized that you took me from the moon dorm."

"Yeah, so?"

"They're gonna come looking for me. Kaname is the dorm president so odds are he has the entire dorm out looking for me right now."

He sighed,

"I know. It'll take them a while to find us, though. We aren't really near the academy."

he replied in a calm tone. Suddenly, he straightened up and tensed, his arms grew tighter around you,

"Rido what's wrong?"

You asked. he looked at you,

"it seems that you were right, Y/N."

"About what?"

"That the entire dorm is out looking for you. I sense at least three vampires and it looks like they brought a hunter. This might get ugly, but I promise I won't let you get hurt."

I looked at him in confusion,

"Why would they hurt me?'

I asked, not seeing what he meant. Rido sighed,

"I don't think it's safe for you in the Moon Dorm. I think being there puts you in danger and that Kaname can't protect you. When I tell them this, they won't take it well and they're going to fight me for you. As it is, I'm going to have to pretend that we aren't friends. If they know we are, it could become a problem for you. Kaname and I don't exactly  have the best history. They're all fiercely loyal to him, so an enemy of his is an enemy of theirs. I don't want you to get mixed up in that."

He explained to me,

"Then why not let me go back? It sounds like you don't want me to get hurt."

I asked, He turned towards the door as he responded,

"Because you're safer here than you are there. I can assure you of that."

I looked at him with questioning eyes,

"But what if they kill you? Shouldn't we just leave then?"

He shook his head,

"It's too late, they already know we're here.IF you want us both to get out alive, however, there's something I can do so they won't suspect that we know each other. You have to trust me, though."

I smiled at him,

"I do trust you, Rido."

He smiled back at me for a moment before his expression turned serious and he pulled me so my back was flush against his chest. Before I could ask any questions, the door burst open.