An Intro to the Dark

Rose~ 

 I sat up blinking, still roused from my sleep. I found Lily next to me awakened and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She immediately lifted her head up, her eyes remembering our situation. We stared at each other for the first time as twin sisters, studying each other. "So, um.... you're Rose right?" Lily's voice wavered.

"Yeah." I replied with a slight tone of steel in my voice.

"Do you think William is really our first caretaker?"

"Probably but do you really think William is a grim reaper?"

"Most likely since the Undertaker placed us here in the first place." I replied grimly.

"Well then, let's not dawdle here and get a good look at our.." she searched for the right word.

"Prison." she nodded in satisfaction.

We both slid from the huge, king-sized black, canopy bed, and marveled at the dimly lit room. A large set of white, french windows stretched up to the ceiling, it's curtain's pulled back to reveal the glowing cathedral that shined brightly against the blanket of stars as though it held a party in it's stomach and an angled sight of the marble bridge with it's traditional gas flaming faintly. A large pair of mahoney-colored wooden doors stood behind us beckoning us to throw open the faded, metal, golden handles and travel what stood beyond. A lone, gray, wooden wardrobe stood in the left corner near the pair of french windows. Interrupting our scan of this spacious room, "Let's join that party!" Lily pointed to the cathedral in complete confidence however, I thought, in completely stupidity.

My head whipped to the side to face Lily in shock and screamed, "Well, let's go into a building we do not know of, charge into whatever those... grim reapers are doing while wearing nothing but a thin dress with straps!"

My breath came out in short puffs as my chest sank up and down. I gave her a smug look on my face with a hint of amusement but Lily interrupted me by bursting in laughter. As she wiped away the tears of delightment, "Ha ha ha! We could just find or make an appropriate to wear then." I gaped at her and paused to think about her suggestion. She didn't wait for my answer as she threw open the wardrobe, revealing only a large collection of freshly pressed, starched, white dress shirts; long, straight, black satin pants; tailcoats with pockets and jacket suits. She held out two black, two-piece suits with tailcoats that were quickly thrown together. She spun around me and I trailed her with my head. I noticed in horror as she held out a pair of scissors, a spool of black thread and a tomato-like, pincushion with shining metal needles reflecting her mischievous smile. "Time to strip and start cutting some fabric!"

My half nude body shivered slightly, uncomfortable. "Stay still!" Lily barked. After a few more minutes, Lily took a step back and proudly examined her masterpiece. She stared as I took a slow, spin so she could examine her 'work' with a proud, smug look plastered on her face. I couldn't help but smirk and I noticed Lily returned it with the same look on her face. We wore the same black, two-piece suit with the tailcoat split down the middle. The suits were both trimmed, hemmed and tucked perfectly, not a single thread out of place. With our satin, pressed suits and our hair tied to the opposite sides, we were ready.