The Demon Fight

The wind whistled in my ears and the blood rushed to my head; feelings of pain exploded through me as I fell fifty feet downward in the cloud sky. The demon rushed after me, his hands reaching out to me at an alarming speed. I swung my scythe toward his head but he angled it away.

Rose finally reached me again, after her failed jump from the townhouse. All three grim reapers reached out and took hold of my body. The four of us landed softly, our breaths coming out in ragged. I heard screams of terror and disgust around us, as the humans surrounded us. The demon disappeared quickly and out of our sight. Distracted by the number of humans, Rose took my hand and we aimed our curve of the scythes toward the crowd.

"Erase and Stop!" We commanded.

We watched as the crowd's frightful eyes went blank and glaze over as they paused midway while screaming. The demon appeared again as the crowd walked away. William and Rose shielded us and Ronald pushed me back with a sweep of his arm. Rose pointed her scythe at him but the demon attacked too quickly for her to put up her guard. William and Rose started forward and sliced at the now empty air, with the demon dancing around their quick attacks.

Ronald faced me with a look of urgency and took out a glittering necklace. He wrapped it around my neck but before I could show any emotion, he too ran toward the demon and swung the lawnmower with all of his might toward the demon's "head".

Again the demon dodged with no effort and started to spread out his wings. We all jumped back together preparing for the next and fatal attack. It was unpredictable, though. A humongous wave of jet black, raven feathers swallowed Ronald and William quickly in a blink of an eye.

"NO!" Rose reached out to them and desperately tried to dig them out. I stared at her in shock as I realized that she held a special affection for William. Her face wore a crazed and saddening shock as she carelessly clawed her way through the towering pile of lead heavy feathers that suffocated the grim reapers. I pulled her away as a vibration rumbled from the pile of feathers. The wave spitted out William and Ronald leaving them unconscious.

Relief flooded Rose and me as we saw that William and Ronald were only lightly bruised. In tears, Rose launched toward them but the demon stepped forward blocking our view. "Get out of the way." Rose growled. The demon unaffected by the threat only chuckled. Now angered, Rose swung forward with our scythe but I pulled her away. She screamed in frustration as I shushed her to calm her down. The demon merely bowed to us and spoke to us a simple greeting. "Good morning ladies. Lovely weather we're having right?"