The Garden of Metal Flowers

Lily~

We headed down the glass staircase with a sulking Grell behind us. I studied the colossal number of workers before us. All of the men carried some kind of uniquely crafted garden or crafting tool as a scythe actually. Some carried scissors which represented a demotion or they were ranked as beginners. Seniors had an old-fashioned farming scythe, chainsaws, axes or lawn mowers. Many even had large retracting bonsai clippers.

However something else caught our attention entirely. In the center of the high arch of the dome hung two traditional scythes hung and wrapped in large thick chains. The scythes hummed with a large power submerged in chains. A large jolt occurred in our head and I felt a connection to something. The scythes were made for us.

I turned to Rose and she nodded in agreement with me. I felt all eyes on us including William's and Grell's as though they could read our thoughts. We stepped down onto the ground floor the entire working space silent. Standing in front of the stone, black doors, we faced the crowd that surrounded us. We both took a step back and quickly shot forward with my sister's heart in sync we raced toward the heating scythes. We ran along the arching walls along dome at sonic boom speed. At the center top, we launched hands stretched toward our own scythe. As soon as we touched the handles a light, electrifying shock shoot through our fingers and then the chains started to unravel quickly. The scythe in my hands seemed to glow a deep indian, ocean blue in the metal lilies that was crafted especially for me. I looked and noticed Rose's glowed a blood red in the metal roses. In our hands, the scythe's flower petals curled delicately with power. Then, suddenly my head jolted with a large shock, and my scythe vibrated strongly to a passage of words that popped in my brain. I noticed Rose had that same reaction though by now I should have realized that everything that happens to me would be the same for her. Suddenly my vision glazed over me and my head was placed into trance as I sighted the strange passage.

'I am blood,' I sited.

'I am bone,' Rose sited.

'We are you.

You are us.

I hold the power of protection

I hold the power of loyalty

We, the power you hold we grant to you for use your creator will only allow

My secret name is...

My secret name is...'