Take my picture? - P.3

The walk home through the woods and down the less than smooth path had been a struggle as Kelly's words played through your head over and over again like a broken record. The discovery had been extremely odd though at the same time you found it flattering that someone thought you were a good fit for their photos. While it would have been better if he had asked permission to take your photo it didn't stop you from smiling to yourself at the thought that Jonathan watched you just as you had been watching him. 

"Are you even listening to me?" Kelly asked gaining your attention as you both reached the edge of the woods that led straight into town. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't." you answered honestly. "Can you repeat yourself?"

"I said do you want to get some snacks and go over to your house?" she asked again walking slowly beside you as your feet had left the dirt and onto a smoother man-made surface. 

"Yeah sure that sounds good to me." you answered happy that she would be coming over to keep you company instead of leaving you alone with your thoughts and wild imagination. 

A few cars drove by down the street while others remained parked empty of their owners going about their daily lives. More kids from school occupied the sidewalks as well no that they were free for the day creating more people around than what you would have liked. Though thankfully no one stopped to try and speak with you leaving you alone to go about your business as well. 

Kelly opened the door leading into the small grocery store that sold the cheapest teenage friendly snacks in town. It wasn't much to look at but the owner always had the best variety to chose from. 

"Alright so what are we going to be feasting upon..." Kelly said out loud as you both walked into the long aisle lined with cookies, chips, and candy. 

You scanned the different assortment of goods trying to decide what you would be purchasing. Though as you were trying to decide the feeling of being watched took over your body distracting you from the task at hand. Kelly continued to speak while your head turned to the left only to see no one there. Quickly you turned your head to the right hoping to the same only to be taken completely off guard. 

Jonathan stood at the end of the aisle seeming to examine the products on the shelving. Unfortunately for him and yourself, you were still staring at him when he looked in your direction.

Your eyes locked with his as he wore a shocked expression clearly not expecting to be caught. His hands dug into deeply into his jean jacket pockets looking unsure of what to do before deciding to take a few steps in your direction. Kelly was right on how shy he truly was. His eyes would locked to the ground as he moved forward before looking back up into yours once again. You finally heard Kelly stop talking as she must have been watching the scene before her in silence. 

"Hey." he greeted softly as he stopped in front of you. His body towered over yours more than you thought it had barely coming up to his shoulder with the top of your head. 

"Hi, Jonathan. How are you doing?" you asked simply though you could feel your body starting to slightly shake from the increasing nerves. 

"I'm alright." he answered giving his head a shake. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good." you responded mentally kicking yourself for how awkward this conversation was. 

"Look." he started pulling a hand from his pocket and pulling it through his hair. "I'm sure you already know about the pictures and I just wanted to say I'm sorry and shouldn't have taken them."

"Oh well..." you began to say before being interrupted. 

"I'll get rid of them I promise. I'm so sorry." he said again rather quickly obviously feeling embarrassed that he had been caught. You couldn't help but wonder if he would have planned on keeping the pictures had he not been found out.

"I think it's flattering." you responded as bravely as possible earning his full attention again. "No one ever takes any photos of me."

"Oh really?" he asked with a new smile on his face while pressing his hand back safely into his pocket. "Well I'm glad you're not mad." 

"I'm the opposite actually. Do you think I could see them?" you asked feeling proud that you were holding your own despite wanting to run away and hid in your room where it was safe from the world.

"Uh...yeah of course. They're in my car." he said backing up as you began to follow him down the aisle.

"I'll meet you outside." Kelly called out leaving the two of you alone much to your discomfort. 

You followed him out of the store in silence to where his car had been parked close by. It was beat down and used but was still cool in your eyes. Quickly he opened the passenger side door and pulled the pictures from his bag quietly handing them over to you while looking at the ground. 

One by one you examined each photo wondering if you were actually the person in each shot. They were surprisingly good and so artistic that you could easily mistake them for a professional. 

"Wow these are so good." you told him honestly trying to give him a compliment that he received happily. "Do you enjoy taking photos?"

"Yeah I like to capture people when they don't know it. I know that sounds creepy but it seems like so many people have something to say but never say it." he responded feeling proud that you were admiring his work. 

"What do you think I'm saying in this one?" you asked handing him the photo where you had been gazing out of the classroom window instead of paying attention. 

"Well..." he thought for a moment before answering. "It looks like you're looking for something more than what you already have."

"Do you think you could take some more photos of me?" you asked feeling satisfied and completely interested with his answer. "I mean...like at my house?" you asked again swallowing hard wanting to back peddle from feeling over-confident. 

"Y-Yeah sure." he answered rather quickly keeping his gaze on you. "I have my camera with me. How about tonight?"

"Tonight sounds great." you responded trying not to seem too eager though on the inside you were ready to explode.

~~~To be continued~~~