Take my picture? - P.12

The ride back to Jonathan's home had mostly been in a comfortable silence as he still held firmly onto your hand occasionally bringing it to his lips whenever he felt the urge to. No street lights had been this far back from the main part of town meaning the only source of light had been from the headlights on the car that aimed perfectly straight allowing the road in front to be seen.

The dark clouds in the night sky wasted no time covering up the moon before ripping open and allowing the water they had been carrying to fall down to the land. The coming storm should have been foreseen due to the unusual amount of wind earlier though you couldn't complain. There was something about rain that made a drive with your boyfriend even more romantic than before.

"I can't believe how bad it's starting to get." you commented breaking the silence as you observed outside of the window the rain starting to pick up.

"Do you want me to take you home instead?" he quickly suggested. "I don't mind."

"Oh no it's fine. I love rain." you replied telling him the truth you home was the last place you wanted to go as Jonathan wouldn't be allowed there so late at night.

"Really? Why's that?" he asked with a small smile on his face hearing a random fact about yourself.

"It's just so peaceful...ya know?" you started trying to find the right words to describe how you felt about it. "It's like the rain washes away all the stress and worries and all those negative feelings."

"Do you think I could get a picture of you in the rain when we get to my house?" he asked clearly feeling satisfied with the answer you had given.

"Y-Yeah that's a pretty cool idea." you agreed feeling slightly excited to have him wanting to take photos of you in different settings.

Jonathan gave your hand a gentle squeeze at your acceptance as he turned the steeling wheel to go down a narrower path with tall weeds growing on either side. Quickly the form of a small house came into view with just a porch light on allowing the area in front of the door to be lit up. At first, upon seeing the house, you couldn't help but feel a bit sad as the people currently living there were experience so much heartbreak at the fact a young loved one had been missing.
Jonathan and his mother were surely exhausting themselves trying to find answers and most likely had sleepless nights waiting for any call from the police with information that could put an end to their suffering.

"My mom's not home yet. She's out with the search party." Jonathan said as he finally let go of your hand to park the car. "So you don't have to worry about her fussing over you."

You had almost suggested he join his mother and the search party instead of being home with you though you instantly stopped yourself. It wasn't your place to tell him what to do and surely he needed just a few hours off and a distraction so he wouldn't go crazy with worry.

"Maybe I'll get to meet her next time." you replied giving him a smile through the dark as he shut off the car.

The rain hit every inch of the car and the ground as thunder started to gently ring in the sky. Quickly you opened the passengers door knowing full well Jonathan would try and run through the rain to beat you to it though you didn't want him getting any more wet while waiting for you.

"I'll take the picture from the porch so the camera doesn't get wet." he told you as he opened the door and ran out into the rain protecting the piece of equipment under his shirt.

Taking a deep breath, you walked out into the rain and away from the car to make sure nothing was in the shot that had been out in the driveway. Jonathan watched as you positioned yourself close enough to the porch to be in the light but far enough away to still have the darkness create an artsy filter to the photo.

The rain poured over your body soaking every inch of clothing and strand of hair on your head. The wind sent multiple shivers across your skin as you posed in different ways while Jonathan clicked away at the camera getting enough shots for a better chance of picking out perfect ones.

"Come out the rain!" Jonathan suddenly called out. "I got enough shots we should be good!"

"Okay!" you replied turning on your heal and quickly running to the porch in your wet clothes as your wet hair clung to your face.

Jonathan removed his jacket as you stepped onto the dry porch and quickly placed it around your shoulders though it wasn't doing much good while every piece of your body had already been soaked. As he held the door open for you, you moved past in and walked into the small home where it had been dry and comforting.

"Um I could probably find dry clothes for you." Jonathan suggested as he closed the front door.

"That sounds great." you chuckled removing his jacket not wanting to get it wet as well. "Do you mind if I take a shower first?"

"S-sure. Of course. It's back the hallway there the first door on the right." he quickly answered with a hint of nervousness in his voice that you would be using the same shower that he uses every morning.

As you walked back and closed the bathroom door behind you, you heard Jonathan walk into a random room looking for something for you to wear. As you turned on the water, you began to realize how late it was getting and realized it was either time to go home or call your parents and tell them a lie. Of course you would have to ask Jonathan if he would be alright with a sleepover but maybe a suggestion like that would be too soon? Thoughts ran through your mind at lightening speed as you stood underneath the hot water allowing it to warm your skin trying to come to a decision on what to do for the night.

~~~To be continued~~~