Take My Picture? - P.27

A strong chill accompanied by a moist unfamiliar smell suddenly brought your senses back to life as you found yourself laying on the cold ground of the woods not far from where Jonathan's home had been. Your body ached so strongly that it was almost impossible not to cry as salty tears quickly began to push out from your eyes.  Lifting one hand to place it gently on your ribs you scanned the trees and what you could see of the sky. Something was wrong. Was it past Midnight? How long had you been asleep?

Suddenly, you remembered the nightmare fueling monster that had presented itself to you in the daylight. Surely your mind had just been playing a cruel prank as the image became more and more clear in your mind of a rather tall and slender animal with a tear away face. Was it an animal...or just your imagination.

Slowly, you pushed up on your elbows desperately trying to ignore the screaming pain taking over your sore body. Your heart began to race as the surrounding area looked so different that you began to question if you were in a dream or not. Looking down, you noticed scrapes and blood on your legs like they had been brushed by sharp objects. The palms of your hands looks similar though more dirty as the relaxed against the cool dirt holding the rest of your body up.

"H-hello?" you heard a faint whisper making your head jerk in the direction of the voice.

Peaking around behind a destroyed looking tree was a young boy though it was difficult to make out his feature through the darkness and the rest of his body still hidden from sight.

"Who are you?" you asked with a slight cough in your voice. Your throat burned needing water though there had been none around to bring any relief.

The boy took a moment to answer the question. He seemed just as shaken as you were if not more. It seemed to be that he was examining you the best that he could as the area remained silent for just a few seconds longer.

"I'm Will..." he squeezed out with a very noticeable shake in his words. "W-Who are you?"

"Will..." you said out loud though more to yourself confused. Surely this was just a pure coincidence of a name on a young boy. The name Will was a popular one and there were plenty of young boys in town that shared the same basic name. "Will..." you said again this time a bit louder letting the sound of the name carry with the breeze.

"Yeah..." he answered even though you were not speaking directly to him. "Will...Byers. Who are you?" he asked again now with some hope in his voice.

Suddenly it seemed as if the world had stopped spinning. Hearing the name Will Byers instantly made you sick ready to throw up a weeks worth of meals in just that moment. It was a cruel prank that only a true monster would play. Claiming that name was nothing but evil and sickening.

"Shut up." you said quickly with an unusual firmness in your voice. Your emotions began to run wild as you pushed aside the pain throughout your body long enough to completely stand on to your feet once again.

"But..." he began to say though you only cut him off before he could continue any farther.

"Shut up!" you yelled now shaking with your words.

The tears of a painful body quickly became those of over whelming emotions. As much as you wanted to be firm and strong it just wasn't there in the moment as the boy stepped around from the tree revealing himself just enough to show that he was indeed Will Byers the son of Joyce and younger brother of Jonathan. The same boy whose body had been found lifeless in a body of water that was meant to be his final resting place.

"What is going on?" you said to yourself frantically trying not to come to the conclusion that you had died along with him.

Your body began to shake as the boy came closer to you with some hesitation in his movements. His lips were nearing a dangerous blue color with pale skin and exhausted eyes. He looked as near dead as someone could possibly get only adding to the beginning of your mental breakdown.

"I'm dead...I'm dead...holy shit I'm fucking dead." you began to say over and over again placing your hands over your ears as the boy attempted to say something to you that couldn't be heard of your own voice.

As your mind raced along with the words pouring out of your mouth, Will grabbed onto your upper arm gently careful not to startle you and began walking in a certain direction that he seemed familiar with. Your feet followed along on their own while your mental state kept you in a cloud completely ignoring the events that were currently unfolding.

Each step was painful causing a throbbing sharp sensation in your muscles screaming for rest though Will made no attempts to slow down until the desired destination was reached. While you continued to mumble a series of unrelated words to yourself something in the distance managed to somewhat catch your attention. A small man made building constructed of wood that resembled a tree house though remained on the ground. Even though it looked as if the outside elements had severely taken its toll on the wood, the four walls and roof looked safe and inviting.

As the small building came much closer, Will let go of your arm and placed his hands on your back pushing you through the small entrance until you were completely inside the small dark structure that clearly wasn't meant for adult.

~~~To be continued~~~