Take my picture? - P.7

Your body had been comfortable wrapped in the soft blanket laying on top of the comforter while a cool breeze came through the window. Your eyes remained shut keeping your body in a deep sleep that you were unaware that it needed. While it seemed that you were ready to settle in for the rest of the night, the sound of someone crawling through the window startled you awake enough to prop up quickly on your elbows and turn your head toward the window hoping it was a robber.

"Did I scare you?" Jonathan asked stopping halfway through the window while carrying a paper bag in one of his hands. 

"A little." you replied with tiredness still on your voice. "You've been gone for a while." 

"Sorry. I wanted to check in with my mom. Ya know...make sure she's doing alright." he replied continuing through the window until his feet touched the flat surface. 

It was now completely dark outside making it almost impossible to see the tall trees in the backyard from your window. Before you had a chance to respond, Jonathan sat at the edge of the bed and handed you the paper bag that he had been carrying. 

"What's this?" you asked as you started to open in immediately smelling the contents inside. 

"Just a burger and fries." he responded with a small smile while looking back down at the comforter. "I don't know I just...didn't want you to starve."

"Oh my goodness you really didn't need to do this." you replied feeling extremely thankful that someone besides your parents had gone an extra mile for you. Something that you had definitely not been used to. 

"I know but I wanted to." he told you with sincerity in his voice as he moved his gaze from the bed to you. 

As close as he was you had now been able to fully examine his facial features. His dark eyes stood out perfectly against his paler skin bringing out the beauty in the them that you hadn't had a chance to see before. The way his bangs came down over his forehead in whispers complimented his looks even more giving him a messy yet polished look. However, even though he had been more attractive up close you could see that he was tired surely from having his brother messing and having sleepless nights. 

"Here share it with me." you told him pulling the contents out of the bag and laying them on your bed not caring if the comforter became dirty. 

"Oh you don't have to." he said softly and in a way that signaled he was used to going without.

"I know but I want to." you replied mimicking what he had just said to you earning a smile from him that made your heart skip a beat. 

It was difficult to believe that just this morning he still lived in a daydream as you were too afraid to speak to him. And now just a few hours later he was sitting on your bed speaking to you with ease like you two had already known each other. And it was a little over an hour ago that he confessed to having feelings for you while your mom unknowingly revealed the same on your end. Ever since he entered your home a few hours ago, he always kept his attention on you and stole glances when he thought you weren't looking. Just that in itself made you want to keep him here for as long as possible as you felt more comfortable in his presence than you ever had before. 

You watched as Jonathan shared in the food he had brought for you. Despite everything that was happening in his life you were glad you were able to distract him and bring an actual smile to his face even though he really didn't have much to smile about at the moment. 

"I'm not going to school tomorrow." he suddenly said swallowing the food that he had in his mouth. Looking up you noticed he had a more worried expression now. 

"Why not?" you asked not wanting to assume anything though you were sure he wanted to talk about what was happening in his life. 

"I think Will might be at my dad's house." he continued. "And he hasn't called my mom back yet so I'm going to go check it out."

"Yeah that would be a good place to look." you encouraged him knowing that it may be a long shot. "Maybe Will thinks he'll be in trouble for running away."

"That's what I was thinking." he responded running a hand through his hair. You could only imagine how terrible he must have been feeling while still having to live his daily life.

"Well I'm sure you won't be missing anything in school." you told him trying to keep the conversation as encouraging as possible. "And if anything exciting happens I'll tell you all about it."

"Thanks I'll hold you to it." he smiled looking up at you. "And since it's getting late I can take pictures of you next time we hang out." 

With all the interruptions and him disappearing for a while you had completely forgotten of the entire reason as to why he came over in the first place. 

"I didn't realize how late it was." you replied glancing over at your alarm clock and noticing that it was already 11:30 p.m. "You should go home and get some sleep. You'll have a long day tomorrow." 

"Yeah you're right." he responded seeming reluctant to get off of your bed as he grabbed his camera. 

Untangling yourself from the floral blanket you had promised him, you gave it to him with a small smile on your face.

"Good luck. I'll be thinking about you." you told him reassuringly hoping that he finds Will at his father's house. 

"Thanks." he simply answered as you got off of the bed and walked over with him to the window. 

Just before he climbed out of it and back onto the roof, he quickly leaned down and gave you a gentle kiss on the cheek as he said goodnight and disappeared into the night. 

~~~To be continued~~~