Take my picture? - P.13

The hot water continuously poured over your skin and hair getting every last drop of rain off of your body. While enjoying the warmth and the mini-sauna you had created from the steam you listened quietly as you could hear Jonathan move about outside of the door. His movements were quick and without any rhythm or reason leaving you to assume he felt the need to clean up a bit while you were busy. His home wasn't dirty though a few random objects had been scattered about surely neglected due to much more important events taking place. The more you listened to the noise he had been making the more you knew the decision you had made was the correct one. 

Reluctantly, you turned off the water not wanting to raise their water bill in a single night. Walking out of the shower area and into the cold bathroom you quickly wrapped a single towel around your body and barely cracked open the door leading into the hallway.

"Jonathan?" you called out as you heard his footsteps coming quickly in your direction. 

"I wasn't sure what to grab." he said walking toward the bathroom door with his eyes closed. "So I just grabbed some stuff of mine."

Extending the clothes out he kept his eyes tightly shut careful not to get an eye-full without your permission. A smile formed on your lips from his sweetness as you reached a hand out and grabbed what he had offered.

"Thank you." you told him before shutting the door and removing the now damp towel from your drying body. 

A muffled noise could be heard in response though you were unsure of what he had said. Unfolding the bundle he had handed you, the first item was a white t-shirt that you had seen him occasionally wear to school. Pushing your wet hair aside, you pulled the t-shirt of your head and let the fabric fall to your hips. Finally you grabbed the boxer shorts and pulled them over your legs until the lay loosely on your body. While they weren't going to immediately fall back to the floor it was a challenge to keep them slowly sliding. 

Hanging the towel back to its original position, you turned the single light off in the bathroom and opened the door back into the cool hallway. Your arms folded over your chest as you walked back to the living room to see Jonathan patiently waiting on the couch in silence. 

"Hey." he said quickly looking up at you and away from his hands. 

"Hey." you replied with a small chuckle in your voice. 

"Do you want a blanket or something?" he asked standing from his spot. "You still look pretty cold."

"Yeah that would be nice." you told him quietly clearing your throat building the courage for what you were about to say next. "So...I really...don't wanna go home and ya know...be alone. Do you care if I...uh...spend the night?"

Jonathan looked surprised though quickly gained composure as he rubbed his hands together.

"Sure that's fine by me. I mean if you really want to and not feel like you have to." he said with a slight shiver in his signaling that he was nervous. 

"I don't feel like that. I just want to stay with you longer." you told him being more honest. "Your mom won't mind will she?"

"No." he replied quickly giving his head a quick shake. "She won't care at all."

"Okay I just have to call my parents and let them know I won't be coming home." you told him as he agreed and pointed toward the yellow phone on the wall.

Turning on your heel, you walked to the phone and picked it up quickly dialing the familiar numbers of your home. The phone rang a few times on the other end before your father's tired voice answered.

"Hello?" he coughed out as he had clearly fallen asleep in his chair in front of the television. 

"Dad?" you asked gaining his attention. "I'm gonna spend the night at a friends house tonight and I'll be back tomorrow sometime."

"The Wheelers?" he asked with a yawn knowing Nancy was at the get together you told him you were  attending.

"Yeah." you quickly replied knowing your father's head would explode if you told him the truth about where you were and what you were currently wearing.

"Alright have fun. Love you." he said before hanging out not giving you the chance to respond.

And with that you hung the phone back in place as Jonathan stood in his bedroom doorway.

"I thought you would be more comfortable in here." he suggested in his soft voice as you walked past him and into the room.

The room was smaller than yours with less furniture but more posters on the wall. His decor revealed his interests and the color patterns were surely his favorites. Though before you had an actual chance to look around and examine his things, you noticed the familiar floral blanket laying neatly on his bed. 

"Hey you really did put my blanket on your bed." you told him throwing your body on the mattress and quickly covering up with the soft fabric. "I really thought you were just trying to be nice."

"No way I love that blanket." he said with a laugh as you made yourself comfortable on the bed. 

The warmth of the blanket calmed the slight shivering you had been experiencing as your head rested against one of his pillows allowing you to stare at the ceiling. Jonathan hesitated for a moment before taking the spare pillow on the bed and bringing it to the floor with his body.

"You don't have to lay down there." you quickly said leaning up on your elbows suddenly feeling bad that he was trying to get comfortable on the hard floor. 

"Oh I don't mind. As long as you're comfortable I'm just fine." he replied though you were having none of that.

"No way. Come up here and lay beside me." you told him not taking no for an answer. "I still want to be able to look at you."

Thankfully, Jonathan put up no fight and quickly jumped from his spot on the floor. Before joining you, he moved toward the door and pulled it shut surely for privacy for whenever his mother came home. As he put the pillow back on the mattress where it originally had been, he slowly brought his body down to lay on his side and face you. When he had gotten comfortable, you unwrapped the blanket from your body and placed half of it on him not wanting him to have no covers at all. 

"That's better." you said as you brought yourself down on your said to face him too.

"You're so beautiful." he suddenly said keeping his eyes locked on yours. 

~~~To be continued~~~