Take My Picture? - Bonus Chapter

"Jonathan!" you laughed shooing his hand away. "Keep both hands on the wheel!"

Jonathan laughed along as he returned his hand to the steering wheel while keeping the majority of his attention on the icy road ahead of him. Due to the snow and cold weather the road was terrible and a hazard to be on though thankfully with it being Christmas time most people were at home with their families enjoying time away from school and work.

Will had gone to the Wheeler's home to spend time with his friends after his long absence and hospital stay. For the most part he had completely recovered and seemed to readjusted into normal life nicely. The same applied for you as well as you had decided to treat the entire experience as a bad dream instead of an actual event that had occurred. The therapist that your parents insisted on your seeing heard a lie that you had made up knowing that he would never believe the actual truth on what had happened. Your parents were fed the same lie of just a bad car crash and you fleeing for fear of getting into trouble with the law and them.

"How am I supposed to keep my hands on the wheel when you're sitting so close to me?" he asked with a bright smile slightly looking over in your direction.

Jonathan seemed to be doing much better as well with the return of yourself and his brother. His mother was no longer acting crazy and began acting like an actual parent again taking a massive weight off of his shoulders. Since your leave from the hospital, you spent the majority of your free time at the Byer's house with Jonathan knowing he would be torn between spending enough time with both yourself and Will. Even though overnight stays were not allowed due to your parents that never stopped yourself and Jonathan from cuddling in his bed while listening to music and sweet talking each other.

"You're going to have to control yourself, Mr. Byers." you playfully scolded him. "If we start to crash I'm bailing out of this car."

"You're going to jump out of a moving vehicle to avoid crashing?" he asked with a laugh knowing that it would cause more damage to actually jump out of the car instead of sitting through probably just sliding into a ditch. "That seems a little dramatic don't you think?"

"No way. I don't think it's dramatic enough." you told him only to be met with a laugh from a clearly amused Jonathan.

The conversation instantly dissolved as the Wheeler home came into view. The car wheels slid slightly from the ice and snow build up as it came to a complete stop by the sidewalk leading up to the front door. All of the lights were on from the windows meaning the entire family was home enjoying the holiday season together.

Suddenly, Jonathan appeared outside of your door opening it and breaking you from your stare on the Wheeler home. Extending his hand, you instantly grabbed it and removed yourself from the car listening as the door closed behind you. Jonathan kept a tight hold on your hand as he led you up the icy path until the two of you reached the front door.

Jonathan knocked on the door with his free hand still keeping a tight grip on you as Mr. Wheeler came into view.

"Hi. I'm here to pick up Will." Jonathan greeted as Nancy's father stepped aside allowing the two of you entrance.

"He's in the basement." he responded lazily anxious to return to his chair and continue sleeping in front of the TV.

You both walked past the staircase and into the kitchen where Mrs. Wheeler had been cooking and baking running around the kitchen stressed out from all of the food.

"Hello, Jonathan." she greeted as she saw the two of you come in. "Hello, (Y/N)."

"Hello, Mrs. Wheeler." you both greeted as the same time causing a small smile from wanting to laugh form on your lips.