Take my picture? - P.6

"Hide." you whispered almost afraid that he wouldn't have been able to hear you. 

While your parents loved meeting your friends, this was the first time a guy had been in your room without supervision and you were unsure of how well that would go over. Jonathan quickly got to his knees and crawled under your bed that luckily had a skirt that touched the floor completely shielding anything that maybe underneath. As soon as his movements went silent, you hurried toward the door and opened it to reveal your mother looking slightly annoyed.

"What took you so long?" she asked clearly noticing how long it took you to answer your bedroom door as she knocked. 

"I was changing my clothes." you told her as straight faced as possible hoping she didn't notice your outfit from this morning had actually still been in the same. "Did you need something?"

"I just came up to hear about your day." she told you pushing her way into the room as any normal parent would do. 

"O-oh. Well nothing exciting really happened." you told her watching as she casually sat down on your bed pushing the mattress slightly toward the floor. "Boring as usual."

"Did you see that Byers boy today?" she asked suddenly with a teasing smile that instantly made you regret telling her about your crush at all. 

Your heart sank as sheer embarrassment took over your body. You wanted to scream at her to stop talking though you knew she would become extremely suspicious if you did. 

"Honey, I just think you should talk to him. I'm sure he likes you too. You're such a pretty girl who wouldn't like you?" she continued as you waited too long to answer making the situation much worse. 

"Oh no I didn't see him today." you lied feeling your body heat up from the words coming out of your mother's big mouth. Though it couldn't really be helped as she had no idea that the Byers boy was directly underneath her surely hearing everything that was being said. 

"Well I'm sure you'll see him tomorrow. I know how much that makes your day." she said again almost making you jump from your bedroom window down to sweet relief. 

"I'm not feeling so well." you said quickly trying to change the subject and get her out of the room before she said anything else that could be more any more embarrassing. "I just really wanna take a nap."

"Oh really? Well...alright." she reluctantly said standing up from her spot on the bed and started to head toward the door. "I'll come check on you later. Do you want something for dinner?" 

"No...no. I'm fine. I really don't think my stomach could handle anything right now." you told her despite the fact that the snacks Kelly had bought had not been enough to keep your stomach satisfied. 

And with your answer she walked out into the hallway and down the large staircase to do whatever task she felt she needed to complete. Quickly, you should and locked the door as you leaned your head against the wooden surface and closed your eyes feeling completely defeated.

"Are you sure you don't want anything to eat?" Jonathan spoke up as you heard him crawling from underneath the bed. 

"I'm sure" you replied mumbling against the surface of the door unsure if you were ready to face him yet though the growling of your stomach gave away your lie.

"I'll be back." he said after hearing your stomach with a slight chuckle in his voice. 

Suddenly you heard your bedroom window open making you turn from the door to see what was happening. Jonathan swung both legs out onto the lower roof and exited your room as quietly as possible making his way to the edge where the ground had been.

"Please be careful." you called out in a whisper as you rushed to the window and watched him. 

"Don't worry okay?" he whispered back as he quickly disappeared from your view surely landing safely on the ground below.

Worry filled your body as you hoped he would be able to escape out of the backyard and through the front to his car without your parents seeing him through any of the windows. Though you knew if they had there would have been some sort of commotion from the sigh of a stranger roaming around in their yard. 

Taking a deep breath, you turned around to lay on your bed only to notice that beside the blanket that you had just given Jonathan had been his camera still sitting where he put it down. You had never owned a camera in your life and surely your mother had noticed the strange piece of equipment just laying there though she never said anything about it. 

Climbing on the bed, you stretched out your body not even bothering to hid the camera as you began to wait for Jonathan to return from where ever he was planning on going to. You pulled the floral blanket over your body taking in its warmth as a cool breeze blew through the open window threatening to chill your skin. As a peaceful silence filled the room and your nerves finally managed to become under control, your eyes became heavy clearly wanting some relief from the stressful and emotion filled day. Within minutes, you had drifted asleep peacefully gripping the blanket to your body tightly trying to shield yourself from the breeze.

~~~To be continued~~~