Take my picture? - P.5

Closing the door behind you, you watched as Jonathan slowly walked around the room examining the posters on the wall and the feminine feel that must have been completely new to him. His camera remained gripped in both of his hands as if he had been itching to take a photo yet somehow restrained himself from doing so. Suddenly, he turned to face you.

"Is okay to sit on your bed?" he asked cautiously seeming to not want to cross any boundaries that you may have had. His body language appeared to reveal him to be nervous as well. In that moment you couldn't help but wonder if he had ever been in a females room before that he wasn't related to.

"Oh yeah it's totally fine." you answered as cool as possible trying to hide your increasing nervousness as well. This had been the very first time a boy had even been in your room sitting on your bed. 

With your answer he smiled bringing out a few wrinkles near his mouth that instantly caught your eye. The friends at school who smiled at you never looked as happy as he did right in this moment. He carefully sat on the perfectly made bed feeling the comforter under his palms and making himself comfortable. 

"Do you like my overly girly bed spread?" you asked him with a small laugh while noticing the comforter matched the pillow cases with tiny flowers and a few soft ruffles on the edges. It was a set you had begged your mother for only a few months ago that you had fallen in love with immediately upon seeing it.

"Yeah it's cool." he chuckled keeping his bright smile on his face looking back up at you and away from the bed. "I might have to get a similar set for my bed."

His joking manner instantly eased the strange feeling in the air that had been keeping your guard up. Suddenly, you felt more relaxed in his presence and it seemed a bit easier to breath normally. It used to be frightening staring at him in the hallways at school but now as you watched him sitting on your bed it just felt right. 

"I have a matching blanket in the closet. You can have it and put it across your bed." you answered with a small laugh walking over to your semi-messy closet and pulling the blanket that had always been too hot for you out into the open. 

"Wait...really?" he asked looking a bit more shocked now that you had seriously offered the girly item to him. "I don't have anything to give you. I feel bad." 

"Don't feel bad." you told him surprised yourself that he was willing to take the blanket from you. "You're taking pictures for me. So this is a thank you for that."

Quickly, Jonathan took the soft floral blanket from your hands as you offered it to him. While you knew it wasn't the most desired gift by a male you could tell he was still extremely appreciative of the gesture. He brought the material close to his cheek giving it a gentle rub to feel its softness. 

"I'm gonna put this on my bed as soon as I get home." he promised still examining the gift like it was the best thing he had ever seen. "Thank you."

"Oh you're welcome." you told him feeling extremely happy and proud that your gift had seemed to mean so much to him. 

"(Y/n)..." he said suddenly with a different tone that you couldn't quite make out whether it was good or bad as he looked back up at you.

"Y-yeah?" you asked starting to feel tense as you were unsure of what he was about to say. 

A brief moment of silence took over the room as he seemed to be struggling with whatever he was going to say. Your mind filled with possible outcomes mostly being negative as you felt your hands begin to slightly shake. Taking a few breaths, he slowly stood from his spot on the bed leaving the camera and blanket behind on the soft surface though he kept his gaze on you. 

"I just wanted you to know why I took those photos of you without you knowing." he started as you felt your heart ready to pound through your chest. "I mean...I just don't want you thinking I'm some pervert."

"I don't think that at all." you told him not wanting to speak for too long as he was ready to continue on.

"It's just...I really don't like the vast majority of people." he continued still seeming to be searching for the right words as he spoke. "But I really really li..."

"(Y/n)! We're home!" your mother yelled up the stairs so suddenly that you both became startled as she had managed to interrupt what Jonathan was about to say. 

Your heart raced as you were sure he was about to say he like someone and you were sure it was you. Feeling more nervous than before, you were dying for him to finish his sentence even if your parents were now only right downstairs. 

"I'm sorry. Can you repeat that?" you asked with a shake in your voice that you hoped he didn't catch. 

A nervous smile came to his lips as he brought his hands together rubbing them rather rough before speaking again.

"I said that I really really like you." he quickly finished as another moment of silence took over the room. 

You both stared at each other with different expressions. His had seemed like a deer in the headlights waiting for you to respond while you knew yours would be more of shock at what you had just heard. And with his confession you also realized that was the reason why he had been secretly taking pictures of you. 

"I don't want to get rid of the photos." he confessed speaking up again. "Unless if you want me to then I will."

"N-no you can keep them." you told him giving your head a small shake refusing to take your eyes off of him. Though before you could say another word a loud knock came at your bedroom door.

~~~To be continued~~~