another family

Lauren's POV

For the past 14 years I've been lying to my wife Y/n. After our 2nd year anniversary my feelings for her stopped. I wanted to break up with her but I couldn't break her heart more than it already is.

When I tried breaking up with her the first time I couldn't go through it because that same day she got a call from her best friend that her baby sister got into a accident that left her in a coma.

After that I stopped trying. Along the way I met a guy named Matthew. I fell in love with him at first sight. He made me feel things I didn't feel with Y/n.

So I started dating him behind Y/n back. Every other day I'll tell Y/n that I'm staying late at work but really I was going to Matthew's house.

This kept going on for years. But then I got pregnant with Matthew's baby. I lied to Y/n again saying that my job wanted me to go to Australia for 10 months for a business trip. Benefits of being a fashion designer. But I really spent those 10 months in California with Matthew.

After I had the baby Matthew and I decided to buy a house for our family. So we did it.

Its been a endless cycle everyday, me pretending to be happy with Y/n then going to Matthew and actually being happy with him.

I know its pretty fucking messed up that I'm doing this but I don't have a choice.

*2 weeks later Y/n's POV*

For the past two weeks Lauren has been more distant and colder to me than this.

I think its just work stressing her out so I asked my boss if I can leave early and he happily granted me that request.

So once I got home I put rose petals on the bed that spelled out her name.

I ordered sushi from her all time favorite sushi restaurant. I got a projector and her favorite movie.

I heat the door close downstairs. I tip-toe downstairs and I see Lauren on the phone. I'm about to speak but what she says next stops everything.

"Yeah babe I think I can come over tonight....We're gonna watch Flushed Away with Lily since it was her first day of highschool today and I want to hear about it...Yes Matthew I've been ditching my wife for 14 years why all of a sudden you're nervous...You got a bad feeling you're funny babe. I gotta go Matthew I'll see you tonight...Love you too bye." Lauren hangs up and sighs.

I quietly run upstairs. I close the bed door and I got a pen and paper and write down the following:

Dear Lauren,
Um so I don't know why you did what you're doing to me but I hope you're happy with your other family. Seems like for 14 years everything's been a lie. Every I love you, every I'll be there for you, every I care about you. I feel betrayed but you probably don't care anyway. So I'm gonna take some of my stuff with me to a hotel. I'm sorry if I caused this.

-Y/n Y/ln

I put the note on the dresser and take off my wedding ring and put it on the paper. I grab a duffle bag and stuff my clothes and toothbrush in there. I grab my keys to my motorcycle and open my window and jump. I grab my motorcycle and walk it down the street. Once I'm away from my house I start my bike driving away.