Chapter 17: Coming Clean

Yui gently tapped her forefinger against the edge of the plastic pregnancy test that she held in her hand. When peering down at it, she noticed that two pink lines started to fade-in after several minutes of waiting for the results. The blond throat hitched when receiving the same outcome as she did before an hour ago.

This was her second time taking the pregnancy test. She hoped that the first one was faulty and she didn't see those darn two pink lines. Now she had no choice but to believe and accept the consequences. There was a child growing inside her body, which only meant that she was going to become someone mother.

The young girl gasped when Ayato crossed her mind. He was her baby's father after all and he had a big part in helping her make this happen. She was very cruel to him, pushing him away every time he came around. But what would the redhead think of her now if he found out she was pregnant with his child?

Yui felt really nervous all of a sudden. She didn't want him to hate her over their mistake. It wasn't that she thought of their child as a mistake. However, she didn't think that they were ready for children either. They haven't even tied the knot yet and Yui had no idea how these vampire pregnancies work. With that being the said, she had to tell her fiancé what was going on with her and break any bad blood between them.

The stunned girl placed the pregnancy test on the ledge of the sink and walked out of bathroom dragging her feet. When walking outside her bedroom, she heard laughter in the corridor.

Kyoyo and Laito were walking together and they just so happens to be walking in her way. The redhead had his arm wrapped around his girlfriend's shoulder while whispering sweet nothings inside her ear. Kyoyo held the palm of her hand against her mouth trying to contain her snort and laughter.

They quickly spotted the blond standing outside her doorframe with an alarm look in her enormous pink eyes. The raven haired girl stopped in track suspiciously staring at Yui with her eyebrow cocked.

"Um... do I even dare ask why you look like that," Kyoyo pondered out load.

Yui lowered her gaze to the side with a reddish hue rising on her face. "You don't even want to know."

"By the looks of it, it seems that you lost your head and door knob bitch-chan." Laito joked, when pointing out the missing doorknob that was supposed to be attached to the door.

Kyoyo smacked Laito in the back of his head. "This isn't the time to joke around. There's obviously something wrong with Yui." She scolded before looking back at her nervous blond-headed friend. "D-did something happen that we should know about?"

Yui looked down at her stomach and pressed her hand against it without thinking. She seriously didn't know how to tell them that she was with child. Her main focus was on telling Ayato first since he was the father. That was her main priority.

The blonde immediately heard a gasped from her friend standing in front of her. "Oh my god! So it's true? You really are pregnant?!" Kyoyo exclaimed.

Yui glanced at her friend in disbelief. "W-what? How did you know?"

"Laito told me." Kyoyo responded, looking at her boyfriend from the corner of her eye.

Still in shock, Yui half-glared at her brother-in-law. "How did you figure it out? Were you spying on me?"

Laito sneered and flicked his hair out his face. "Gosh. You caught me, guilty as charged."

Kyoyo huffed. "He didn't spy on you. He ran into you and Ayato in the hallway at school the other day. He also noticed some changes and the way you been acting lately."

"So basically he was spying." Yui concluded.

Laito giggled. "Nothing gets passed you bitch-chan."