Chapter 25: More Surprises

Shu patiently waited outside the bathroom door where his girlfriend Reina entered over 6 minutes ago. When standing by, he quietly rested his back against the patterned wall on the opposite side of the bathroom door, with his eyes peacefully shut. In his ears were headphones connected to his MP3 player, that he had strapped around his neck in a strap holder. Classical music always seem to easy his mind and body, especially when he was thinking about stuff.

Now that he had a child on the way, he was going to do all the things his mother and father never allowed him to do as a kid. He wasn't going to become one of those parents that takes happiness away from a child, and he definitely wasn't going to run away from his responsibilities as a father and partner.

Truth be told, Reina was still young for a mortal. The blonde and tall vampire never understood how she lured him in. Maybe it was her sharp-eyes or that innocent brave look she puts on, even when she was frighten or having a hard time. Yes, she was somewhat younger than him, but she was also a head of her prime and very mature for her age. This only meant that he needed to start looking at her more as a woman, because that's what she was, his woman and nobody else. Reina entered his world only to show him a whole new light. She was his oxygen and his better half. Yet, the eldest Sakamaki allowed all of that to disappear within a week. Instead of pushing her away, he should've talked to her, then maybe she wouldn't have ran away in the first place.

After a short while of over thinking his relationship and more, Reina finally decided to step out of the bathroom minutes later. Once his eyes snapped open, he spotted her smiling up at him with that innocent smile of hers.

"I hope I didn't take too long. I felt kind of sick again, plus I didn't want to be trapped in the middle of a crossfire going on downstairs." Reina explained as she closed the door behind her.

A low chuckle accidentally escaped the back of his throat, so he immediately covered it up. "Don't worry about it."

The brunette curiously blinked up at him. "Did you just laugh?"

"No," he answered without giving it a second thought.

Reina propped her hand over her hip while trapping her heel on the floor. She wasn't fully convinced by her terrible liar of a boyfriend's words. Of course Shu noticed this right away. He respectfully gave in by rolling his eyes at her with a hidden smirk on her face.

"So maybe I did chuckle... just a bit." He confessed. A pink blushed formed on his cheeks as he looked away from her. This caused the brunette to cheerfully smile and laugh at him.

"You know what...I don't think I ever saw you blush before." She proclaimed.

"That's because I don't." He told her, even though it was sort of a lie.

Reina playfully hit him on the shoulder multiple times. "Stop lying Shu. There's nobody else upstairs but us. You can start being more honest with me if we're going to make this work, and I'll try my best to do the same."

Shu leaned over and kissed his girlfriend on the lips while losing control of his hands. He pulled her slightly towards him with his hand cradled against the lower part of her back, working his way up her spine. The other hand rested on the side of her neck as his thumb rested against her cheek.

His hungry tongue darted inside her mouth as she parted it open seconds later. They both groaned with their tongues tangled together. Reina took it upon herself to clutch his shirt before she lifted it over his head. He suddenly changed positions with her and lightly pressed her back against the wall, while his hands tweaking with the buttons on her top.

She suddenly forced herself to pull away, breathing heavily. "Are you sure this is the right place to do this?" She questioned, while her fingers traced his abs.