Chapter 23: Fated 4

Reina couldn't believe who she was staring at; it was like the devil appeared before her without warning. The shivering girl assumed that the next time they meet would be at Yui and Ayato's wedding, and even though she wasn't ready to face him no time soon, she couldn't see herself missing her best friend's special day for her own personal relationship problems.

The horrified brunette had so many things that she wanted to question him about. Nevertheless, she was stunned, confused, scared and speechless. Hence, there was no way she could ask him about how he found her. The main problem was – if he overheard her conversation with Yuma.

To Reina's dismay, Shu caught them in the worst possible place. She was standing too close to Yuma, which made things even more complicated and apprehensive between the guys. And from that moment on, the fear of them getting into a fight came to her mind. She didn't want them to kill each other in front of her parent's house, because it would not end well.

She persistently stared at ex-boyfriend with her mouth hung open in surprise, while Yuma furiously stared daggers at him. When neither of them didn't have a respond, Shu took it upon himself to speak openly.

"Did anybody ever tell you two that it's rude stare and not to greet someone properly?" He continued. "It's a shame to...I traveled all this way to see the girl I love most, but I didn't expect to see you here too, Yuma." He said, pointing him out.

"Bullshit!" Yelled Yuma with his arm out and fist clenched. "You have a lot of guts showing up unannounced like this Shu!"

Reina held his arm back. "Yuma, please... Calm down!"

"By the looks of it, it seems that I came at the right time," Shu fearlessly pronounced before looking over at his trembling ex-girlfriend. "Don't you think so Reina?"

She quickly lowered her eyes away from him. "How much... How much did you hear?"

"Enough," he directly answered with one word. "Overall, I'm very pleased to hear that your love for me is pure. That's enough for me to forgive you."

"But...That's it? You didn't hear anything else," she anxiously questioned.

He blankly narrowed his eyes at her. "Was I supposed to?"

Yuma looked away and sucked his teeth. "This is pointless! He can't even tell that you're carrying his offspring. All he cares about is his self!"

Shu eyes slightly widen in bewilder. "W-what? Is it true what he said? Are you really preg –"

"I'm afraid so," the brunette mumbled softly as she kept her eyes away from him. "I only found out a few days ago."

Shu couldn't believe it what he was hearing. The blonde had no idea what he was in for next. Instead of just working things out with Reina, he neglected her, and not only that his child. She obviously ran away with no attentions on returning to him. How could he be so foolish not to notice that she was going through the most complicated situation of her life now? He should have been more observant and sympathetic of her, but instead he let his feelings get in the way of that.

Yuma shook his head. "How pathetic....Did it ever occur to you that Reina feels abandon now that she found out about the demon child she's bearing," He interrogated. "Of course not... all you think about is yourself."

Shu immediately grabbed a handful of Yuma shirt and lifted him up off his feet. "You know nothing," he hissed. "Stay out of this! It has nothing to do with you!"

"Guys, stop this" screamed Reina.

"I know enough," Yuma retorted. "You run away from your problems when they become too problematic for you. You even throw away the two most important people in your life and force yourself to forget them like they never were there. That's the Shu Sakamaki I know... I'm ashamed that I reached out to you and called you my friend."