Chapter 34: Overcome Part 4

"No need for that dear," Karl protested as he flashed a casual smile. He swiftly bowed his head down out of respect and spoke on, "The pleasure is all mine." He told her when lifting his head back up to look at her. "Laito has told me so much about you I the little time we spent together."

"He has?!" Kyoyo glazed over at the redhead standing beside him with her mouth partly open in shock. Naturally, he glanced away from her with an embarrassing pink tint covering his cheeks.

Karl sighed with displeasure. "Indeed, he has. It's not everyday a young lady like yourself makes one of my sons cry with despair in the middle of the street."

Laito was twitching in rage now. "If you want to keep your tongue, old man. I suggest you shut up before I cut you off."

The raven-haired girl stared at him in awe. "Is that true, Laito?"

He took a glimpse at her and looked away again. "Of course not. I did no such thing."

"In-de-ni-al," Karl said in a singing tone of voice. "I swear. If you keep lying like this, you will only make it complicated on yourself. Is that right, Watanabe-san?"

"Um...yes. I guess," Kyoyo lowly responded and she nodded her head; she looked at the ground while trying to keep her eyes off the man she loves.

"Kyoyo," Laito called.

She immediately looked up at him with a new light in her eye of hope. "Yes, Laito?"

The redhead furrowed his eyebrows. "Are you going to invite us in or not?"

"Oh! Of course! Please, come in." She opened the door wide and stepped aside.

Laito walked in first with his father traveling closely behind him. Karl examined the house as Kyoyo led them further in to the main hall.

"You have a lovely home, Kyoyo." The vampire king commented.

"Thank you, my mom designed and decorated it," she pointed out.

"Speaking of which, where is the lady of the house," he asked.

"My mom? She's... She's in her private room. You see, my mother isn't well and she only has a short time to live."

"Say no more," he commanded. "Lead the way, my dear."

"Oh... okay," she spoke in a confusing manner. The girl swayed up the stairs to her mother's room and the two vampires followed closely behind her.

The moment they arrived to her mother's bedroom door, she knocked on it twice and waited for her to grant entrance. When she finally did, Kyoyo turned the knob and led both of them inside her room. Of course, Chiyo was dumbfounded when she spotted the vampire king standing in front of her.

"Mom, Laito and his father are here," said Kyoyo

"I can see that," her mother clarified. "It's been a long time Karlheinz."

"Yes, it has, Chiyo-san... the last time we met, you didn't look this worn out and awfully pale," He pointed out when walking over to her side of the bed.

"I almost forgot you both met before," Kyoyo stated.

"Yes we have, on several occasions," said her mother. "What brings you here, Karlheinz?"

"I heard from my son that you were poorly ill. So I had to come see you and inspect for myself." Karl explained; he placed both his hand over her petite ones. "How has your condition been, Chiyo-san?

"Well it's –"

"Kyoyo," Laito called out from behind her.

She slightly jumped in surprise, forgetting that he was in the room and turned around to face him. "Yes?"