Chapter 19: Expect the Unexpected

Ayato fingers brushed against the smooth skin of his fiancée's small baby bump. His eyes glued to her stomach as if it was the most fascinating thing in the world. He couldn't remove his eyes, not even if he tried –and the fact that it was completely impossible, made him even more watchful.

The redhead surprisingly couldn't wait to test him abilities as a father. He promised himself that he'd be a better father then Karlheinz ever was. He wanted to stay by Yui's side to the very end, making sure that his children are well taking care of.

When trialing his fingers up her stomach, he suddenly saw small bump appear in the same spot his fingertips halted at. The wide-eyed vampire jumped off the bed in astonishment.

"Oi! What the hell was that?" He jabbed his finger at her stomach.

Yui giggled with one of her hands pressed over her mouth. "It was the baby." She responded, while setting her book on the nightstand. "You never saw a baby move inside the mother's womb before?"

"Hell no I haven't!" He huffed, when crossing his arms to his chest. "Why would I be interested in some other woman's womb? Tch...how does that sound?

"It sounds like you haven't been around any women long enough besides me," his fiancée carefully responded with a grateful smile.

Ayato thought that she looked exceptionally beautiful while carrying his offspring. She had that golden glow that pregnant woman had, especially when they're happy. The thoughts of them having a baby filled him with so much joy and satisfactory. He even surprised himself when he found out the news a few days go.

"Ayato..." Yui called.

"Hmm... Yes?"

"How soon do you think our baby will be here?" She asked him curiously.

Ayato mused when sitting back down on their bed. "Well...vampire births are a lot different from human births, so it really depends on how quickly the child develops in your womb. It could take two to four months or maybe even more. Either way, the offspring decide when he/she is ready to come out."

"Like how Cordelia gave birth to you and your brothers one day apart from each other?" She easily questioned.

The redhead halfway glared at her. "Don't ever mention that woman's name in my presence again!" He snapped. "And yes... I was the one furthest in the womb. Thus, I was born last."

Yui tapped her chin. "So technically you're the oldest. That's explains why she was so much harder on you to become the best. You were her ticket to the throne. Weren't you?"

"Breastless!" He tried to speak calmly. "Let's not talk about this. The matter is old and I don't want to talk about it anymore.

"Okay, we won't anymore." She said, while wrapping her arms around him from the back. "But when the time comes, I will bring up the subject again," she whispered near his ear.

He turned his head around to look at her directly. "Tch, hopefully it doesn't come anytime soon. I want to give you and our baby all my affection."

Yui grinned. "I look forward to that." She stated before kissing him.

Mayu stood in front of the vanity mirror pulling her hair up in a ponytail after a very long night of love-making with her boyfriend. Subaru suddenly came behind her in his boxers and wrapped both his manly arms around her waist. His chin rested on her shoulder when looking at her through the mirror.

"You always look beautiful with your hair up like that," he complimented.

"Thank you darling," She smiled at him. "It was getting really hot in here."