Chapter 31: Overcome Part 1

"Where have you been this whole week, brother?" Kou asked him from the couch he sat lazily back on.

"I've been around," Yuma answered before he plopped down on the couch on the opposite side of the room.

Kou cocked his head up at his brother and sighed. "I reckon, you're still thinking about a certain brunette cutie that lives several blocks away from here."

The brown-haired vampire sighed heavily. "I don't get it, Kou. Why are we still here? It's been over two weeks... It already dawned on me that we're not needed here and we overstayed our welcome."

The curly blonde hated to admitted but his brother was right. They did indeed overstay their welcome and now since Kyoyo's uncle was arrested last night, it became completely dull and boring at that house. So basically, there was no need for them to stay there any longer.

"How do you do it?"

Kou snapped out of a daze and narrowed his eyes at his brother curiously. "How do I do what, Yuma?"

"Act like nothing ever bothers you? ...I can barely control how I feel and the rage that's boils up inside me. There must be some kind of explanation on how you deal with your problems on your own so well. "

Kou crossed his arms under his head and mused about everything his brother had said. "I don't know, honestly." He shrugged with his eyes directed up at the ceiling now. "Years of practice, I guess. Why? ...Do you want to go back home now?"

Yuma stood up from the couch and looked down at him. "If it's not too much to ask, then yes... I hate seeing you like this, Kou. You never pinned over someone elses girlfriend before. So why do you still bother staying here?"

"Because... Because Kyoyo is my friend and I wanted to stay here to support her," He sincerely spoke with a pause in his throat. "You didn't see what I saw last night, Yuma. She seemed hollow and weak... Not to mention, she got into a huge fight with Laito that caused him to break up with her."

"So? What does that have to do with you? They're just going to get back together."

Kou knitted his eyebrow together when he glanced at him sadly. "I want to be her support, Yuma... I want to be her right shoulder to lean and cry on. Is that too much to ask?"

Yuma looked away and exhaled deeply. "Fine... We'll stay here for a little while longer."

"Thank you." Kou said, smiling warmly.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang causing Kou to stand up from the couch. "I wonder who that could be."

Yuma shrugged. "How would I know?" He plopped back down on the couch.

Kou made his way to the door and opened it. He was surprised when he saw a young woman standing there, beaming at him. She had medium short sky blue hair that stopped midway pass her neck and crystal blue eyes that nearly pulled his heartstring.

The charming smile she wore on her face made him blush instantly. "Hi, I'm Kiko Hamasaki. Aren't you going to invite me in?"

Kou couldn't help but blush and stutter in reply. "Y-Yeah... Yeah! S-Sure you can c-come in." He step to the side to let her inside the house and closed the door after she entered the entryway.

Kiko spun on her heel to look at him while she walked inside. Her hair swung perfectly back in position. Kou wouldn't stop staring.

"So... Do you have any idea where my aunt and cousin are? "

Kou let on a sly smile and crossed arms. "It depends... Do you normally walk inside a person house without asking who the handsome stranger is that let you in?"