Part 20 - "Explanations, Hurt Feelings, and a New Mission Already?!"

I sat down in study hall at the table. Rena and Raven were all looking at me expectantly. I rearranged my sling in a more comfortable way, in attempts to stall.

"Well? Where is that explanation?" Rena said.

I let out a sigh and glanced around at everyone's expecting faces. Even Add looked interested, though when our eyes met he turned his head somewhere else.

"Well the night when we came back here I had this dream. When I was in this dream I met... Well myself. Only she had her hair different and her personality was different. She was more cruel." I explained, nervously shifting my sling.

"So? It was just a dream." Elsword laughed. Elesis hit him on the head and he yelped and shut up. Elesis nodded for me to continue explaining.

I let out an uneasy breath and continued. "Ever since that dream, I've only had a few since then. The other one being last night," I side glanced at Add and he looked away, a small tint of pink on his cheek. "After that I kept getting these thoughts, but they felt like someone else's thoughts... Then it was like someone else was speaking through me. I'd never say those things. You guys know me!"

They all were silent.

"So you're telling us... That your person in your dream... is taking over you." Elsword said. He burst out laughing and fell off the stool.

"Elsword!" his sister scolded. He was too busy laughing to care.

I felt my cheeks heat up as I looked at them. None of them believed me. I stood up and stalked out of study hall.

"A-Aisha!" Rena yelled.

"See? None of them believe you." the voice taunted.

I shook my head and decided to head to my next class.

[Time skip brought to you by VP's sassiness]

I sat in Arena Etiquette away from the rest of them. I ignored them when they tried to speak to me. I was waiting for the next assignment when Lento walked in carrying an envelope. He walked over to Camilla, who shot him a glare for interrupting her heated discussion about the use of stunning, he leaned and whispered in her ear.

She let a sigh and rolled her eyes. "Could Rena, Raven, Aisha, Eve, and Add follow Lento to his office." she said in an annoyed tone. We followed behind him silently. I was still upset that they didn't believe me.

"That's because you don't need them." the voice said again, a smirk obvious in her voice.

"Shut up!" I screamed inwardly.

"They aren't your friend. They are useless vermin." it continued.

"Come in. We have matters to discuss." Lento said, snapping me from my thoughts.

We all walked in and took a seat.

"What matters do you wish to discuss?" Eve asked, breaking the short silence.

"Well, I have been watching your arena matches lately and it seems that you have improved immensely. Also your last mission was an absolute success! Therefore, I think you are ready to take on the next mission at hand. Though it's not as big as your last one, I think you guys would be perfect for it." he beamed.

"B-But sir, Aisha and Add were injured the last time around!" Rena quickly said, though she got quieter after saying the rest.

"I'm fine." Add grunted as he crossed his arms.

"Yeah, I talked to the nurse and she said after today I should be able to use my arm just fine. Also my ribs are better." I said nonchalantly.

She shot me a worried look, which I ignored. I am still a little upset with them, but if there is a mission I will need to put my petty feelings aside.