five

All Mine
05 | Don't lie to me

Antoine

Today was Monday, the worst day of the week, the beginning of a hellish week. I had English first lesson which made instantly put a smile on my face as Amelia sat right beside me, I quickly took the smile of my face. Why was I smiling because she sits beside me? The world as we know is ending.

I made my way to English and sat down taking the materials I needed out of my bag, I sat and waited until I realised Amelia wasn't in her seat. This is so unlike her, she's to be sat here so I can stare at her and annoy her like I do every lesson. This is not normal for me, I'm not used to this. Amelia has always been so on top of things since high school, she would always turn up to her lessons regardless of whether she was sick or not. It's something I admired about her, her determination to always make it school.

So I waited until she came in, the teacher started the lesson and she still wasn't sat beside me which started to worry me. This is dumb why am I worrying about this? I shouldn't care, but I do. I wasn't paying attention to the teacher instead I let my mind wonder to yesterday when I saw her in the coffee shop with Olivier, I started wondering what's going on between them and I remembered how obsessed he is with her. I was slightly annoyed seeing them but why was I annoyed? I don't even know myself.

The door swung open and Amelia walked into halfway through class whilst the teacher didn't even say anything, she didn't bother looking at me whilst she made her way to her seat. I just assumed she wasn't feeling well today or she was tired and overslept. She looked super moody, I wanted to ask her if she was okay but I remembered how annoying she is when I ask her anything.

"Amelia." I whisper called her yet she completely ignored me.

"Amelia." I called her again, she didn't bother looking at me.

"Amelia!" I raised my voice slight becoming for persistent.

"What do you want?" She said clearly annoyed at the fact I kept calling her.

"Why did you come in late?" I asked.

"Why do you care?" She replied quite cold, I guess I deserve it since she hates me.

"Because I do, why did you come in late?" I repeated myself.

"It doesn't matter, stop annoying me please."

"Amelia what the hell is wrong with you?" I asked continuing to pry at her, she was growing more and more annoying by the second.

"Mind your own damn business."

"So there is something wrong?"

"I didn't say that, stop Antoine." She turned her body almost as if she was trying to have her back towards me, I felt bad instantly as I didn't mean to get her annoyed.

I was about to apologise to her when the teacher started rambling on about things I wasn't even paying attention to. Throughout the rest of the lesson I kept staring at Amelia, I noticed her features in more depth. Her eyes a nice light hazel tone adding to the colour of her making it all work, I'd never realised that before. I had never actually taken the time to look at Amelia, I always saw her as the high school girl who had no clue how to make friends. She's so confident now, so outspoken something I enjoy about her.

Once English had ended I made my way to Art and Design, I walked in seeing Amelia's class was sat all over the classroom. I quickly took the chance the sit beside her, I needed answers as to why she was super moody today.

We were given out tasks by the teacher, I wasn't paying any attention as usual so I watched as Amelia started the work. I watched as she delicately used the paint brush stroking the canvas carefully to make the art look good, I continued watching her every move until she stopped at looked up at me with her hazel eyes.

"Are you going to help me?" She asked, I nodded my head picking up the empty canvas and getting started on whatever I needed to do. I had no idea what I was doing, I only took this subject because it was the only one left. I applied quite late to this college.

"Okay seriously what is wrong with you?" I asked frankly annoyed at how annoyed she is, does that even make sense?

"Nothing as I told you before." She said grabbing the needle and thread.

"Don't lie to me." I said as she looped the thread into the needle not looking at me once.

She seemed so tired and frustrated with herself she was barely paying attention when she managed to poke herself with the needle. She instantly dropped it and I rushed to grab her finger as a a bit of blood started coming out.

"Crap." She said

"Hold on let me get you a plaster." I stood up grabbing one out of the cupboard at the front of the classroom before unwrapping it and carefully placing it on her finger as she had her eyes trained on me.

"Thank you." She smiled slightly, I managed to catch that smile before it went away.

"No need to thank me."

Art and Design was a bust, Amelia didn't even end up telling me what's wrong with her and I didn't get why she couldn't just tell me? Does she not trust me? That's a stupid question, of course she doesn't all I've done is torment her. Once the lesson had finished she was the fastest out of the class, I saw her leave through the back door so I decided to follow her but I kept my distance. This sounds creepy but I was worried about her, in my head this all makes sense but it probably looks really creepy.

I saw her walk towards the coffee shop just off campus where she was yesterday with Olivier, was she meeting with him again? No, that's dumb. I watched her walk in and order a drink, she still had the same moody look on her face as this morning, once her drink was handed to her, which was bigger than her hand she quickly took a massive sip. A small smile crept onto her lips as she continued drinking the hot beverage, she was tired I told myself.

I was overthinking it way too much, she's tired that's the only reason. College takes a lot out of a person, she probably just overslept because she had work to do last night. I don't know, whatever it was it seems as if the coffee did the job. I watched as she left the coffee place looking to be in a much better mood than before, I smiled seeing her happier than earlier this morning. If I had just left her alone in English she probably would've been in much a better mood, but my constant need to annoy her gets the better of me. It's almost as if it's part of my routine, I can't not annoy her. Unless she's crying about something I'll leave her alone which has happened at least a few dozen times, and I stood watching her walk away with a smile on her face as well as mine.