twenty two

All Mine
22 | I'm sorry Antoine

Antoine woke up back in his hotel room with the memories of last night flashing back in his mind. He shouldn't have kissed her he knows that was wrong of him but it just felt so good to have his lips back on hers. He couldn't blame himself because after all she kissed him back. He'd gotten out of bed getting ready for the game today, at least that could get rid of any thought of last night.

"Antoine come on let's go." Fernando said barging into the room, he'd probably been in Amelia's room. He didn't care, he wanted to forget the situation that happened last night.

"Is the team downstairs yet?" He asked grabbing his headphones.

"Yes they're all waiting now come on let's move." They left the room and made they're way downstairs where Antoine saw Amelia talking to Diego. He instantly put his head down trying to avoid her but only failing and bumping into her.

"Oh just great," He spoke sarcastically under his breathe; rolling his eyes.

"Oh hello Antoine," She said flashing her white smile.

"Hello, oh look Fernando's coming bye." He spoke dismissing her. She looked at him wide-eyed, what had just happened? she thought to herself.

Antoine walked away going to talk to Carrasco, he felt bad for the dismissal he'd just gave Amelia. The guilt started building up whilst he started his conversation with Carrasco. Diego interrupted everyone telling them to get onto the coach, Antoine was hoping Amelia wasn't going as well. They'd gotten onto the coach, Antoine was content seeing that Amelia wasn't on the coach. He sat down by himself and closed his eyes sending him into a deep sleep.

"Antoine wake up!" Diego shouted shaking Antoine. He got up startled and made his way out the coach where everyone was waiting, Amelia was standing with Fernando until Antoine realised she was here. He was puzzled, wasn't she left back at the hotel? He thought to himself. He shook the thoughts out and proceeded to enter the stadium.

"Alright good luck Fernando." Amelia said giving him a kiss on the cheek before he entered the changing rooms.

"Antoine." Amelia said once she saw Antoine walk into the changing room.

"Hey there...again." He spoke slowly, the atmosphere was awkward since this morning.

"Can we talk?"

"We can't right now Amelia, I've got to go onto the field." He said sighing, he was trying to avoid talking to her.

"Oh yeah of course I forgot, sorry," She said in a low tone.

"Later we can." Antoine replied, Amelia sighed and nodded her head gradually walking away from him.

She made her way onto the seats where she could sit and watch the guys warm up then the game. She sat there awkwardly playing with her hands till the game actually started, once it had she admired Antoine's techniques. She watched as he dashed down the field receiving the ball and eventually making a goal.

The game had finished with Atlético winning 3-1. Amelia jumped off the benches and ran off to give Fernando a hug, Antoine stared at the both of them seeing the hug they were sharing. He felt sick seeing her with another man, he felt it was best to just walk away from the pair. He walked away looking back at one point witnessing the pair hugging in a fit of laughter, he wanted that. He needed that again.

After the team arrived at the hotel, Antoine went straight to his room not muttering a word to anyone. Fernando had gone into Amelia's room to spend some time with her before he had to go to sleep. Amelia felt sick not having spoken to Antoine since last night, she grabbed her phone and decided to text him to meet her at the bar, Fernando had given her his new number last night in case of an emergency.

"Fernando I just remember Antoine wanted to talk to me down at the bar, I'm just gonna go." She spoke, she was telling the truth.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He spoke, she shot him down quickly and proceeded to make her way to the bar.

"Hey Antoine." She said once she saw him sitting down sipping on some sort of alcoholic beverage.

"Hey, what did you want to talk about?"

"Last night we left things unresolved."

"I think they are pretty resolved seeing as you're still with Fernando." He said talking a sip of his drink, Amelia saw how dark his eyes were.

"What do you expect me to do?! You're not in my position Antoine so don't act like it." She rose her voice a bit indicating the stress was already getting to her, she had slammed her hand on the bar table.

"We kissed last night and that's it?! I see how it is Amelia. I thought maybe just maybe you still had feelings for me but clearly I was wrong, so very wrong."

"Don't Antoine don't, you know I still love you and I always will because there's a part of me that will always love you." She said lowering her voice slightly, she was angry and at the point of breaking.

"So why can't you love me now? I want us together again Amelia."

"Antoine you know we can't."

"Of course because of Fernando. You know what I'm so sick of not getting what I want, I'm sitting here pretending to be happy for you when I'm truly not," He spoke, rubbing his hands on his forehead.

"I'm sorry Antoine, I really am."

"Are you really? You're not being sincere enough. Whatever Amelia I'm done with whatever this was, goodbye." Before he could stand up and walk away she stopped him.

"Why are you acting like a victim? You left me, you left me stranded in London all by myself." She started on the verge of crying, "No, you don't get to be like this when you're the one who ended the relationship." She was so angry she could feel her blood boiling, she walked away from Antoine not daring to look back.

Antoine sat there finishing his drink, practically drowning in his sorrows. She was right, of course she was right. This was all his fault not hers, he left her and hurt her. There's no one to blame but him.