Stars

Dan
Dan sits in bed on his phone watching YouTube videos at 3 am. He can't sleep because the thought of him and Phil being  just friends bothers him. He doesn't know why, it's not like he likes him, he barely knows him. It's probably because he's a really attractive person and I have absolutely no chance with him... Dan thought. He sighed off the thought and tried to distract himself by watching one video after the next. After about his 100 buzzfeed video he heard footsteps on the roof. Maybe it's just a raccoon or something, but seconds later he heard more and more footsteps obviously too heavy to be a raccoons, so Dan got up and out of his bed heading toward the window. He saw that there was an area that would be good leverage to have easy access to climb onto the roof so he opened his window and climbed up. He got up and climbed onto the roof finding his balance before actually walking around. As he was walking he saw that just on the other side of the roof was a boy sitting there with a blanket and some snacks looking up at the stars with his earphones in, blasting a song that Dan recognized. He watched Phil as he was lost in his thoughts. He looked so content and focused, like everything around him just didn't exist and it was just him alone in the world. Dan was pulled out of his thoughts when he saw Phil move to grab his phone. Dan got up and walked over to Phil in silence and sat down next to him not saying a word and just looked up admiring the sky. Phil looked at Dan and took out his earphones laying next to him grinning.
"What are you doing awake?" Phil asked breaking the comfortable silence.
"Can't sleep" Dan replied not taking his eyes off the sky. "What about you?"
Phil shrugged.
"Just thinking" he said.
"About what?"  Dan asked
"Just.... Everything" Phil said "me, the world.. Life" Phil laughed.
Dan smiled.
"Tell me, only if you want to. You don't have to"  Dan said.
"Okay" Phil replied "it's just weird to me that there's only one you in the whole entire world. Like I mean there are over 7 billion people, but there's only one of you. To me that's precious because there will never be anyone who's EXACTLY like you, like they may like the same things as you, some people might look like you, but they'll never be you. I'm probably making NO sense whatsoever, but that's what's special about life to me, it's because everyone lives their own life and not ONE Person's life is the same as yours. It's like .... I'm special. You know? It makes me feel like I have a purpose. Like I'm only one person who lives in my own little universe and its up to me to look after it." Phil sighed. "It's just amazing to me" 
Dan nodded
"Wow... I need a brain like yours" he laughed.
"Haha no you really don't, that's just one side of my brain" Phil sighed, "but it's okay, I'm getting better"
Dan didn't want to ask Phil what that meant so he just let it slide.
"Well, Phil I'm glad you're getting better."
Phil smiled and looked at Dan
"Yeah. Me too"
Dan looked up again and sighed looking at the stars.
"How did you know I was up here?" Phil asked.
"I heard you walking around" Dan said.
Phil laid back down and nodded.
"Well now I know to be more quiet next time" he laughed.
Dan giggled.
"Since we like barely know each other, we should ask each other questions, if that's okay with you?" Phil asked.
"Yeah sure!" Dan said "ask me whatever questions"
Phil nodded and thought of a question.
"Um. What's your favorite color?"
"Black all the way"
Phil laughed at the sudden answer.
"Wow, okay. You go now."
Dan nodded.
"What do you like to listen to?"
"Oh just stuff like, panic! At the disco, fall out boy, twenty one pilots, stuff like that."
"You like twenty one pilots too?!" Dan said a little too loud.
"Yes! They're amazing. I love the lyrics Tyler songs they're so meaningful and I can relate to most of them"
"Same! What's your favorite song?" Dan asked.
"Definitely Truce" Phil said.
"Same!" Dan said.
"Okay more questions!" Phil said.

••••
A couple of hours went by and they were still on the roof.
"Wow we actually have a lot in common" Dan laughed.
"I know" Phil said.
"Hey, it's getting pretty cold and late. Do you think we should go back inside?" Dan asked.
"Yeah, but can we stay out here for a little bit more? I like the sky tonight." Phil said.
Dan nodded and laid back down looking up. It was silent for a couple of minutes until Dan heard Phil shuffling. He soon felt a warmth creep onto his hand, and soon his hand was intertwined with Phils. Dan blushed like a mad man, and was very glad it was night so Phil couldn't see it.
"Do you want to go inside now?" Phil asked.
Dan nodded and they both got up hands still intertwined. They walked back to their windows and went back into their rooms.
Dan laid down in bed and smiled as the thought of phils hand in his.
Oh no...

A/n
I LOVED WRITING THIS ... And yes! I know Dan and Phil like muse, but I know absolutely nothing about them so I just said TØP  (don't hate me lmao)