I like you

Dan
Dan awoke, his clothes still on and his hair slightly curling. He picked up his phone and checked the time.
11:24 am he sighed and put his phone down rubbing his eyes.
"Um Dan?" He heard Phil knock on the door.
"Yeah?"
"My parents went to work, and my brother went to his college classes, so he won't be here for like 7 months." Phil said
"Oh okay." Dan said
"Yeah just wanted you to know."  He heard footsteps walk away from his door.
Dan looked at his hand remembering how phils fit in his perfectly, blushing at the thought.
He was interrupted from his thoughts when he heard another knock on the door.
"Hey Dan? Um you want to watch a movie?"
Dan got up and opened the door.
"Sure!" He said following Phil into his room.
"What movie?" Dan asked.
"Um how about.... My neighbor totoro?" Phil asked pulling out the cd.
"Yesss"
they both sat on the floor, just like the night before and played the movie.
They sat so close their shoulders had no space between them. It was silent, but Dan heard heavy breathing next to him so he looked over to see a sleeping Phil. He noticed his head slowly falling, so Dan placed a hand on phils head and gently let him lay in his lap. Dan looked down and smiled at the sleeping boy as he ran his hand through phils hair and felt him relax which made Dan smile. He stayed like that for a while playing with phils hair while watching the movie.
He looked down, smiled and whispered.
"I kinda like you."
Soon Dan felt his eyelids becoming heavy and he too was asleep.
•••
He woke up, his head in phils lap and a hand running through his hair. Just like Dan was doing to phil earlier. He relaxed under his touch and closed his eyes again. Moments later he heard Phil whisper.
"I kinda like you too"
Dan grinned and opened his eyes
"That's good." He laughed.
He saw phil jump, his face turning a bright red.
"Ughh you weren't supposed to hear that" he sighed and playfully punched dans arm
Dan laughed
"And you weren't supposed to hear me either" Dan said nudging Phil.
They both laughed and the room dropped into a silence.
"So, what now?" Dan asked getting up. Phil shrugged his shoulders and pulled out his phone.
"oh! My friend Pj is having a party later tonight if you want to go?" Phil asked.
"Yeah sure!" Dan didn't think about what he just said.
What if they don't like me?
Of course they won't like you. I mean look at you.
What if I don't fit in?
Well..... Duh. I mean you're a weird British kid who nobody knows.... You're obviously not going to fit in.
"Hey Dan are you okay?" Phil said pulling Dan out of his thought.
"Wha-oh! Yeah I'm fine" Dan smiled.
Phil furrowed his eyebrows.
"You'll be fine, trust me. They'll like you i swear." He said. It's like he almost read dans mind.
Dan gave him a calm smile.
"I know you don't believe me." Phil said sitting next to Dan. "It's okay, but you don't have to go if you don't want to" he said calmly.
"Thanks." Dan said giving a small smile looking at Phil. He noticed that phils eyes were different, they looked.... Happy and colorful. With specks of green and yellow swimming inside the blue. Dan got lost in them and before he knew it, he was leaning in and so was phil. Just as they were about to touch, they heard a knock on the door. They both pulled away faster than the speed of light and looked at the door.
"Phil?" Phils mom asked opening the door. "Oh hi Dan!" She said. She looked at phil and winked making Phil blush a deep red making Dan hold in a laugh.
"Are you still going to Pjs tonight?" She asked.
"Um yeah" Phil said.
"Are you going too Dan?" She asked. Phil looked at Dan practically begging him to go just by the look of his eyes.
"Yes" he said.
"Okay good! Because me and your father are going out tonight and won't be back late tomorrow." She said winking at Phil once more and walking out the door "don't have too much fun! Bye!" She yelled from down the stairs.
"Gosh she's so embarrassing" Phil laughed. Dan laughed too.
"I like her"

A/n
Hey! This was small and uneventful, but it's something right? ALSO!! Creds to @shanedawsonismybae for making the cover for this story 💖
(They're Instagram is @/idfc._12)