Feelings

Dan
Dan awoke, the sun still set and no light to be seen outside. He checked the time on his phone.
2:47 am he sighed, why does he wake up like this a lot? He tried to go back to sleep turning and rolling around but he just couldn't. After 20 minutes of procrastination he got up, grabbing his phone and a blanket, heading onto the roof. He climbed up only to freeze when he saw Phil sitting there alone, looking up. He was saying stuff, but Dan couldn't make it out so he moved closer trying not to get caught.
"I know I'm not talking to anyone, but my mom always said the stars were the people who were brave enough to shine even though they passed, so hopefully she was right and I'm not being crazy for talking to stars." He giggled. Dan grinned and sat down just watching the boy admiring him.
"I just I finally have a friend, well I think he's a friend... He might not like me. He's great and funny and just the best person ever, but I'm scared. I'm scared to catch feelings, because if I do he'll want to leave and never talk to me again, he'll think I'm weird. Why am I even saying if I catch feelings I already have!" Phil sighed and leaned back so he was laying down now. "I don't know, it's just I've never felt this way about someone before and then he comes into my life and BAM something clicks and I suddenly feel happy. He makes me feel happy, and I don't understand why! Like yes he's a great guy and I'm not lying if I say he's like the hottest person I've ever seen. But it's frustrating because I don't know what this feeling is, but it's good. I'm just scared of loosing him, he's only here for a year and I dread the day he has to leave. He's my best friend and my only friend aside from Peej and Chris I just.... Please, don't make him leave me anytime soon. I know he will have to one day, but please don't make it soon. I think- I think I love him."
And with that, Dan got up and walked back into his room plopping on his bed, his cheeks flushed and his heart pounding. Now he really couldn't sleep, his thoughts were clouded with Phil and how he will tell him he felt the same.
He heard footsteps on the roof and the click of Phil closing his window. Dan waited a couple of minutes for the rustling to stop in phils room before walking in and slipping into the spot next to Phil.
"Dan?"
"Sorry, I had a nightmare." He lied. "Can I sleep here?"
He felt Phil nod and face away from him probably trying not to make things awkward. Dan turned so he was facing Phil's back and slowly wrapped his arm around his waist pulling him closer. He felt Phil tense up, but then relaxed into Dans grasp. Phil turned around so he was facing Dan and buried his head into his chest. Dan smiled to himself as he reached up to play with Phil's hair.
"Dan?" Phil said his voice muffled.
"Hmm?"
"Did you really have a nightmare?"
Dan chuckled to himself.
"No."
Phil laughed at leaned in closer to Dan.
"Thanks Dan." Phil blurted out.
"For what?"
"For being my friend, I don't have many of them, but I'm glad you're one."
Dan smiled and kissed Phil's forehead.
"Me too."
Soon as Phil fell asleep, Dan pulled him closer holding him like someone was going to take him away.
"I love you Phil."

A/n
THIS WAS SUPER QUICK AND SHORT BUT it's something stop complaining, anyway bye! Hope you enjoyed 🙃