V I I

7

I let out a small chuckle,"I-I don't even know your name."

I try walking off again, "Ace."

Taking a deep breath, I face him. "Take me."

He nods and starts walking off. I stand still for a second.Should I follow him?

I look down seeing my bra, jumping at the unexpected view. Buttoning up my jacket quickly...

Walking behind him on the sidewalk almost his shadow; except I'm smaller and more soft than rigid.

We passed the bar I work at 10 blocks ago, the air around us eerie.

He never looks back to see if I'm actually following him... he just knows.

I come to a stop as he does, opening the door of a dead bar.

We walk through the half-empty room, he continues on as I follow behind. Reaching the backroom he opens the door to a basement.

I stop.

I stop because it hits me hard. I don't know this man at all.

For all I know, down there could be a room full of people... just like him; that are going to rip my heart out then eat me.

I'm scared out of my thoughts hearing his antagonizing voice.

"Don't tell me you're getting scared now."

I look at him shaking my head 'no'. He moves to the side signaling for me to go before him.

Hesitating at first, just go for it. Starting down the stairs.

Getting deeper underground; hearing yelling, music blasting, the smell of liquor strong.

I feel his hand press in the middle of my back, as we reach the bottom of the stairs.

Breathing out relieved he hasn't lead me to my death.

Pulling me closer to his side as he pushes through the giant crowd of people who are cheering.

Leading me a completely different way from everyone's attention.

Sneaking a look over my shoulder, seeing a giant boxing ring stands in the middle.

Two men stand in it. They both seem exhausted. One has a little bit more energy than the other. He moves back and forth on his feet, as the half-conscious one stands there trying to hit him.

The one with the little bit more energy dodges it pulling his body back.

Everything slows down.

He uppercuts him, spit erupts from his mouth as he floats down.

The yells of people sound more like echoes. The crowd around me moves more like clouds in the sky than the waves crashing down on the shore.

I squint my eyes. Why the hell is everything slowed down?

Shaking my head. The yells and screams of everyone loud and near as the man hits the ring floor.

The bell rings twice.

I look around with wide eyes. Paranoid; wondering if anyone else saw that.

Still, he holds me close.