I X

9

Tobias opens the door. The room is suddenly filled with loud screams and vile smells.

A man big and tough looking; walks in. He looks around the room before he says. "Be out there in 2 minutes."

Tobias closes the door behind him, cutting his eyes at me.

I turn away hiding behind my hair.

How can someone who doesn't know me at all have a problem with me?

Licking my lips as they become dry. I straighten my stance as he walks away. The weight on my chest goes away partially.

I look up to see Ace place his hands on the waistband of his pants.

Looking away quickly at a corner in the room. I don't need to make it more awkward than it already is.

I take a peek looking up to see if it's safe. I catch Tobias' menacing blue eyes instead. I look away fast.

Tobias scoffs, "We all know you've seen plenty of dicks in your life."

I smirk a little at his joke. I gamble my life a lot. If you don't understand what I mean...you're about to see.

"Yeah, I know..." I lift my head up looking him dead in the eyes, "I'm looking at one right now."

My body slams against the wall hard. Gasping for air Tobias' hands squeeze around my neck.

I stare into his blue eyes, hoping he'd stop. I didn't struggle or move at all, it would probably make it worse.

The boys yell at Tobias to fuck off.

Tobias' eyes make me think of the ocean. Makes me feel like I'm drowning...

sinking

farther and

farther down.

This is my new normal.

I take a gigantic breath as I'm pulled back to the surface.

I want to cry but I can't. Dropping to my knees, I hold my neck. His shoes are all I see.

I fall over as something powerful comes in contact with my face. Tobias' foot.

I hear feet scuffle and profanities then the door opens and closes.

I'm yanked from the ground. Screaming I try to pull away. I'm afraid if I open my eyes I'll drown again.

Ace grabs my face making my eyes wide. I breathe heavily. He holds me still; searching my face he makes it feel warm and tingly.

His dark green eyes flash blue. That hard expression he owns never leaves.

He pulls the door open. Dragging me out of the room after him.

He lets go of me in the middle of the crowd.

Disappearing, leaving me. I stand here...surrounded by the loudness of rowdy people.

I wrap my arms around myself, trying to find some kind of comfort.

Someone brushes against my shoulder they stand extremely close.

I turn slowly looking up.

Tobias.

My heart palpitates like I'm seeing a ghost.
No a demon.
Maybe he doesn't notice it's me.

I look at the ring. Ace steps in; rolling his neck, rotating his shoulders. All his movements slow, his fist in front of his face.

The other man steps in, bouncing up and down throwing fast punches in the air.

The referee comes and stands in the middle of them.

"Why are you here?"

My attention pulled away from the match. The question comes from Tobias.

I shrug.

I don't know why I'm here.

Ace just told me to come.
Maybe he knows.