XLII

42

Slowly, I drift over to her. Guns in all directions go off. I lift my hand, freezing time. Keeping us in the middle playing.

I drop to my knees grabbing her shoulder. She faces me, her eyes bloodshot red.

She's crying now. I pull her into me, bracing her tightly.

She weeps, "Isabella... I'm pregnant."

I freeze, "W-what?"

She looks me in the eyes, making me feel all her pain. I'm overwhelmed with fear and sadness.

A groan comes from behind me.

Tears flood my face as my eyes flick over to him. His chest rising and falling slowly. Crawling to him I take his face in my hands.

Letting out a sigh of relief when his eyes open looking back at me. "Violet." I whisper at first, suddenly an idea comes to my head.

"Violet, go and get Tobias. We have to get them out of here." She runs by me out the big doors to the ballroom.

I whisper, to Ace. "It's ok." I try to reassure him as tears continue to trickle down my face. "I'm going to get everyone out of here."

I unfreeze all the men. So I can listen to their screams. I raise my left hand making all the bullets drop to the floor. The clinks of the bullets and shells make me smile.

I look at a curtain making it become engulfed in flames. Tobias and Isabella run back in dragging out Christian and Nico.

With a blink of my eye men start hurdling over the banister to their slow or immediate deaths. The thumps and cracks their skulls and bodies make against the marble floor, energize me.

One swift move of my hand some of their heads explode. Their neighbors scream in horror and agony; as they're painted red with brains  and fear.

I smile as they scurry away.
Some have to live to warn the rest.

"Is- Isabella..." he croaks, I squat down to comfort him.

I look around the room, Tobias and Violet got everyone out. "Its ok everyone's gone. We're going to get out of this."

I ask him hurriedly. "Can you walk?"

He nods slightly, I throw his arm over my shoulder. Slowly lifting us up from the ground, he groans in pain.

A gun cocks making us both freeze.

"No one will be walking out of here except me." I recognize the voice immediately.

I can't do anything. I can't see him. I can only kill things I can see.

I shut my eyes, wishing for this all to end.

I beg, "Please, please don't do this."

A gun goes off.

My eyes snap open seeing Tobias. His gun raised breathing heavily.

He rushes over helping with Ace.

I look back at the dead old man disgusted. Setting him on fire without a second thought.

I study Tobias from the back seat. Tobias grips the steering wheel tightly.  Sweat running down his forehead; he looks like he'll be sick any second.

I bring my attention back to Ace. He's exhausted, I stroke his head that rests in my lap.

I look out the back window to make sure Violet is still following us.

Seeing that she is I take a deep breath. "Everything is going to be fine." I whisper to myself.

"It won't. We're fucked." I roll my eyes as Tobias.

"What is wrong with you?" I question his heightened tense behavior.

There's a pause, filled with his and Ace' heavy breathing.
"I- I've never really killed anyone." I stare at him confused. Wasn't this their living?

"I've shot people. But I've never killed them."

I understand. This is pretty heavy shit. I comfort him, "You had no choice. It was him or us."

Suddenly he starts pulling over. He gets out running around the car his hand clenched over his mouth.

What a pussy.

I sigh as I crawl over the counsel getting behind the wheel.