X I X

19

Walking out the back door of my workplace. The chill of the air welcomes me.
I stare at the spot I thought I would bleed to death.

The night sky and full moon glisten. It's impeccable beauty, shines down on this horrid world.

I continue to walk around to the front. Turning the corner, I'm welcomed by the dark creature that leans against the wall.

My body tenses up at the sight of him.

Yet I mange to walk by him.

Going straight to his car. He follows behind.

Unlocking his car door.

I get in.

He walks around the front of the car. Without effort, he looks obscure...

He starts the engine. I wonder if he's looked at me?

I want him to.

I want to feel that uneasiness in me. The uneasiness I feel when our eyes meet.

Being around him is like trying to take apart an explosive. You can say one little thing that can set him off, or succeed.

"Do you ever smile?" I ask, trying to see through his veil.

"I could ask the same." He looks away from the road for a second. "Plus, smiling is for happy people and extremely sad people..."

"I've seen you do so...many amazing things, people can't do." I mutter to his existence.

"What could be so horrible about your life?" My body jerks forward, the car comes to a complete stop.

He leans over me.

I can feel every time he breathes out his nose. I'm eye to eye with a bull.

"Have you been able to control your emotions lately?"

No.

He demonstrates, "What if it's a curse, and it kills everyone... and everything you care about?" He breathes out.

He's trying to scare me. His face challenges me. His eyes bore into me, wanting to shut me up.

I breathe him in. "It's only a curse if you look at it that way."

He leans in. Unable to take his stare any longer I shut my eyes.

His lips press against mine.

Lost in each other not wanting to stop.

He bites my lip pulling away.

We stare at each other. That uneasy feeling in my stomach makes me blush.

For the first time ever.
I touch him.

Tracing my thumb over his hot, swollen lip.