X X I V

24

I take a deep breath. Looking in the black holes, he calls his eyes.

I shut my eyes wanting to get away from his stare.

I think I ran too far.

I'm outside in the freezing rain.

Goosebumps become my new skin.

Hugging myself looking for cover.

Running over to an apartment building. Hiding from the rain that's cold like his eyes.

Where am I?

Someone comes out of the door behind me. Walking right through me.

It's her... blonde beauty.

"Hey!" I hear a familiar voice. Looking over my shoulder seeing him.

Moving out of his path.

He goes after her.

She runs out in the rain and is stopped by his grip on her arm.

I watch the scene in front of me. He starts yelling at her to stay.

Her makeup starts to run, "No! You're a freak!

Ace freezes, so do I.

"You deceived me!" She screams trying to tug herself from him.

He looks at her shock clear in his face.

Shaking his head. "You- you don't mean that." He goes to stroke her cheek.

She jerks away.

His face freezes over.

I stand in fear. Something comes over Ace.

The sky turns black, the air gets thinner.

The still stand in the middle of the street.

Ace stares blankly drowning in his thoughts.

He lets go of her.

I let out a breath of relief for her safety.

She takes a couple steps back.

He looks at her. My heart jumps at the crack of the loudest thunder; knowing with thunder comes lightning.

Fighting everything in him. "Take it back. Please, I don't want to hurt you."

"Ace, just stay away from me. I'll be back in the morning for my stuff."

I can only watch the scene. Wondering how they stand so comfortably in the freezing rain.

Both soaked with emotion.

Ace speaks up as she turns to walk away. "I thought we were going to be forever."

"I thought so too." She replies looking at him, regret oozing from her soul.

All hope disappears... and I watch. I watch how it all disappears within a few minutes.

Was there ever really love there... if she was able to get over him so quickly.

I watch Ace, his figure looks weak.

Taking a step out into the storm. My scalp feels the cold making a chill run through me.

His back faces me. I reach my arm out to touch his shoulder. I'm close...

Everything changes. I pull my arm back to my shoulder, hugging myself.

The rain starts to pour down harder. His whole body bursts into that blue color. It looks like a match was lit.

A big flash of lightning strikes, right behind him; but in front of me.

My whole world lights up.

"Ace?" I hear her whimper.

Retreating back I hide from the rain. He snatches her by the neck. Her feet leave the ground.

I grab the rough gravel wall hugging it. Trying to find comfort in this storm.

A gigantic flash of lightning comes down on Ace.

I know it doesn't effect him because, I dont hear him scream.

I only hear her scream... It reaches my soul. I smack my head against the rough wall, wanting to get rid of the tormenting noise.

Have you ever heard the thud of a limp body hit the wet ground.

I have... It's strange how it blends in with the sound of the night.

It effects Ace, not physically but mentally. He stands over her soulless body, just staring.

He turns around walking back into the apartment.

I stand over her body.

Observing...

She isn't burnt. Just soulless, she still looks like herself... blonde and beautiful.

His mind is so heavy with thoughts. I swear its the only reason why he doesn't just float away.

I just love this meme