X V I

16

Walking into the living room. More room to breathe.

Ace sits on the couch, his arms spread against the back.

Watching me...

The other boys sit at the island of the kitchen.

Loud talking, arguing about something dumb.

Alex looks over his shoulder. Spotting me, "Hey! Isabella's back!"

Nico and Tobias turn around. Tobias rolling his eyes turning around uninterested.

"You should stick around a while." Nico adds, my mind goes crazy at the suggestion.

"No. I think I'll just be on my way." I say moving to the front door.

A chorus of boos from Alex and Nico fill the room, with every step I take.

"If she has to go, let her go." Tobias says, ending their music.

The horrid creature that sits on the couch speaks. "There's a storm coming. It's not safe to be outside."

"No there isn't. The forecast said no rain till later tonight." Tobias intrudes. I look out the big glass wall of the apartment.

The calm grey sky starts pouring rain.

A perfect flash of lightning right outside the glass window, lights up the room.

Everything in my body relaxes, as I drift to the window. Fixated on the beauty of outside.

The drops of rain stain the glass as they collect water and race to the bottom.

I feel warm all over. A big flash of lightning so close to the window.

The beautiful purple gives the sky a sense of life.

Everyone in the room shrieks in fear; except me and Ace.

I don't jump at all.

Looking over my shoulder at Ace. He sits with a straight face; his eyes challenging me.

I accept...

Facing the glass. I touch it, loving the coldness of it.
I stare at my finger. The eyes on my back not bothering me.

The biggest flash of electricity I've ever seen connects with my finger.

I stare in disbelief.

The only thing keeping me from being electrocuted is a piece of glass.

It is scientifically impossible; because the three boys behind me awe in unison.

Ace...

I snatch my finger from the wall, looking at the boys.